The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..25~26~27 [Next]
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2022, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2022, Blindside785 wrote:
My wallet stays open A LOT when placed down, any ideas on why?
This is a big issue :/
https://i.postimg.cc/Tw1BZzg6/B8-CC6171-......1100.jpg

The width of the cards you put inside?

I have placed a little black flat hair elastic band around the wallet to keep it closed, and it allows for a nice peek move!

No other cards in there, the card you see are the only ones. 2 thin Paul Carnazzo cards. Those don’t come anywhere near touching the spine of the wallet. It does it without the cards inside.

I see in Nique Tan’s review he has the same issue. Hoping breaking it in fixes it I suppose.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Has anyone else had an issue with the wallets having a weird smell lik e Nique Tan mentioned in his review ?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hi everyone, fantastic review Nique, thank you so much!

Hi Blindside785, this is just because of how new they are. Within a day or so of carrying it in your pocket it will flatten. I address this in the tutorial video and the PDF Smile

Hi warren, same with the smell of leather and dye, this will fade within days. The wallets are completely fresh from the manufacturer and haven't had time to sit in storage on a shelf.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Thanks Lewis, been carrying it as I’m working and there been a noticeable difference, all is well.
JamJar
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of JamJar
Well I missed out on this, will have to wait for next pay day now!
Mid 40s guy probably having a mid life crisis, so I started a blog!
Www.mentalistblogger.com
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Regarding the size of business cards for the switch, use the middle pocket instead, then you won't need to trim any cards. Doing this will also leave the inside of the wallet free and clear should you wish to open it during the routine too!
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2022, LewisLeVal wrote:
Regarding the size of business cards for the switch, use the middle pocket instead, then you won't need to trim any cards. Doing this will also leave the inside of the wallet free and clear should you wish to open it during the routine too!

Yes this is correct. The only time you’ll want to trim your dummy switch card is if you want to do peek 3 and 5 for example that requires you use the peek pocket and then you must use the top switch pocket and trim the dummy card by one mm
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Thanks everyone (including Lewis) for the info about the size of the business cards. I think I'll hold off on ordering the UK size business cards for now.

Hoping this arrives by the end of the week!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
David over at Magic Orthodoxy has just put up a review of Orphic. It's excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sdDJC7DX0
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2022, nique wrote:
Hi guys!

I chat about Orphic here; I hope you guys find it useful. 🤗

~ Nique

Great review, Nique! Thank you.
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Fantastic review, Nique... answered a lot of my questions. It was good enough for me to hit "Subscribe" and turn on the alerts Smile
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Thanks for watching guys! 🤗🤗🤗
As an update, the wallets no longer smell, and have already started to sit closed when placed upon a flat surface. They’ll take awhile to start softening at the spine. I used the regular today to perform a version of Bob Cassidy’s Pocket Watch Premonition for some friends of a client over lunch and it worked really well! 👍🏻

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
I used the regular today to perform a version of Bob Cassidy’s Pocket Watch Premonition for some friends of a client over lunch and it worked really well!

Fantastic!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Lewis, I tried to send you an idea via the PM here, but it said your files are full.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Just ordered through 1914.

Is there a way to download the video instructions? Would be much easier...
FaroFaroFaro
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of FaroFaroFaro
Love the wallet and the video instructions. Classy little wallet. Yes, there’s the smell and the wallet stays slightly open, but reassured these will be ok. Just wondering about lifespan with all the external stitching and repeated use. Hopefully last a few years…
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I received my wallet today, it’s beautifully made and I am very glad I bought the standard size rather than the plus.
It does everything I want and it fits a playing card in all the slots.
I am not using it for a palm card to wallet so the benefits of the standard size is perfect for me.
No smell other than leather which it seems that many on here don’t seem to know what that smells like these days?
Any decent wallet or pair of shoes, jacket etc you want to smell and check it’s genuine leather.
So there is literally no odour on mine except right up to your nostrils and then it’s pure nectar unless of course you are all Vegans these days.
The fantastic switch element makes the size of the wallet important to me and also I don’t like business cards sitting in a really wide slot for no apparent reason.
1cm larger makes a big difference on somethings (so I’m told 😉) but slim and compact makes the bigger difference on performance on this product for me.
If the standard is good enough for Lewis and Dee there is good reason for that and that reason is good enough for me.
Craig has got massive hands and could palm a baby elephant but we haven’t all and the main core effects look better in a wallet that fits the cards really snuggly imho. Great product worth every penny and some Gaz.😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I'm planning on using bigger index cards. Problem solved.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Not really if you want to use your personal business cards as most of us do.
Get them printed larger would look even worse but if it works for you with blank card then great I know they will both be great.
One thing I forgot to mention is that mine closes beautifully and remains closed out of the box.
However I will always wear them in and stick a new wallet in a professional card clamp for a couple of days but that’s just the OCD in me Gaz.😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I'm intending to use this in parlour shows, where larger index cards make more sense.

And from what I've seen, regular biz cards hardly look out of place in the plus wallet.

But each to their own!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL