The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..25~26~27 [Next]
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, warren wrote:
Thanks for answering my question, could you tell me if a slide is required for the card to wallet function ?

At :43 seconds in, it looks to me like he is using a business card or something as a slide.

Thanks I must have missed that Smile
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hey guys, in the trailer I am using my ID as a slide. This is so that when the wallet is opened and the signed card removed, the ID is sat perfectly in the ID window where you would expect it to be. The load can be done without a slide but I would recommend using one if you need to get the load done quickly.

For Craig’s routines, no slide is needed or used at all Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, LewisLeVal wrote:
Hey guys, in the trailer I am using my ID as a slide. This is so that when the wallet is opened and the signed card removed, the ID is sat perfectly in the ID window where you would expect it to be. The load can be done without a slide but I would recommend using one if you need to get the load done quickly.

For Craig’s routines, no slide is needed or used at all Smile

Does that mean it's not practical for loading things like rings etc?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
You can load rings/keys/coins if you wish, the slide just makes it easier to load playing cards faster. Anything you load into the wallet will end up in the ID window, so it’ll be immediately visible when you open the wallet Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, funnyclown wrote:
I believe Craig Petty has demonstrated the no palm no slide needed card to wallet. It appears that the card of simply placed in the wallet boldly in front of spectators eyes yet the spectator has no idea that the magician has done it. Brand new method that's just genius. This wallet is like no other wallet ever.

Just confirming although brilliant that switch in a wallet is not 100% a brand new method.
I think it’s only fair to clear that up, looks a brilliant product and I am certain to be checking it out but that move is genius but it was still genius possibly 50 years plus ago.
Like I said I have a wallet over 15 years old that teaches that move in the tutorial and it wasn’t claimed to be revolutionary then and I’m not saying Lewis is claiming it now either.
Obviously it was a great kept secret to many which is good news imo.
Best wishes Gaz 😊
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hey guys check this amazing review on Craig Petty's channel. This goes into tons of detail and answers all your questions.

https://youtu.be/d3WOr__d9xs
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does this ‘Ultimate’ wallet supersede all other ‘ultimate’ wallets? Well at least until the next ‘Ultimate’ wallet is released, probably next month I predict.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
With regards to the peek has it been confirmed that this is a full peek ?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Yep, you’re able to get a full peek at the business card/billet.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Orphic looks great.

Now a very interesting discussion would then be,

The Hermes Wallet vs The Orphic wallet? Both relatively new to the market, and both multi functional wallets. Both wallets seems to be great according to reviews. See discussion on The Hermes wallet here:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
This looks very very good and I did order it - now, I am very much looking forward how durable it is to be used as an everyday wallet. I have/had the Nexus Wallet and unfortunately, I would not recommend it as an everyday wallet, the zipper part is already "not looking good", would be interesting to hear what the experience is? Will it be OK to use as everyday wallet or better not?
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, Beltorak wrote:
This looks very very good and I did order it - now, I am very much looking forward how durable it is to be used as an everyday wallet. I have/had the Nexus Wallet and unfortunately, I would not recommend it as an everyday wallet, the zipper part is already "not looking good", would be interesting to hear what the experience is? Will it be OK to use as everyday wallet or better not?

Nobody really has them as it hasn't been released yet (not for another week), but:

This is real leather and no moving parts (Zippers, Flaps) to break or tear, I imagine it being very durable lasting a very long time!
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
That’s right! It’s nice quality leather with strong, tight stitching. I originally designed Orphic for my own use, so it had to be my every day wallet, and strong enough to survive countless performances and constant use.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
When is the actual release date, please? The date preorders will ship in North America.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I know you've touched on this already but having seen Craig's review where he mentions you need to use a guide for loading a card if you carry your wallet inside your jacket pocket I have a question.

I have always used JOL wallets in the past because the load is super quick with me not needing to set up a guide or anything before hand its basically there whenever I need it and has been the perfect out for me over the years.

As such I'm not familiar with using guide/ slides for loading a wallet so I presume I would need to reset the wallet between tables so firstly can I reset the slide openly in front of spectators or do I need to hide away to do this ?

Secondly when the slide is set is it firmly in place or is it easy to knock the slide down accidently if you were to say have the wallet in your jeans pocket for example ?

Thanks again for all the information Smile
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Placed my order! Anything that has Lewis’s name on it is worth its weight in gold. Can’t wait to receive mine.
Thanks Lewis and the 1914.

Mor
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
I thank you The 1914 for the quality of their effects, I recently bought Eclipse which is wonderful... And also thanks Craig's channel for his insights about Orphic.

I'm relative new to the wallets multiverse and I'm between:
- Blink 2
- Orphic
- Sight Unseen (M.Strivings... I knowit can be use for a p**k)
- A p**k wallet by JOL (forgot its name)

For a first p**k wallet, thinking more on billets rather than cards,what would you recommend?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, warren wrote:
I know you've touched on this already but having seen Craig's review where he mentions you need to use a guide for loading a card if you carry your wallet inside your jacket pocket I have a question.

I have always used JOL wallets in the past because the load is super quick with me not needing to set up a guide or anything before hand its basically there whenever I need it and has been the perfect out for me over the years.

As such I'm not familiar with using guide/ slides for loading a wallet so I presume I would need to reset the wallet between tables so firstly can I reset the slide openly in front of spectators or do I need to hide away to do this ?

Secondly when the slide is set is it firmly in place or is it easy to knock the slide down accidently if you were to say have the wallet in your jeans pocket for example ?

Thanks again for all the information Smile

——

I think Luis mentioned the slide he used is his ID card. It sounds like the reset is very quick and easy. But a slide is only needed if your doing the palmed CTW. In the demo Craig does a no palm CTW without a slide that takes advantage of two features in the wallet. The switch and the CTW feature. He gives logic to this by using a clever presentation about knowing the difference between a magician and a mentalist.

I really want the 1914 to start a Facebook group specially on this product for all registered owners. I can see so many clever ideas everyone will come up with after using this wallet. It’d be great to have a private forum to share our ideas.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
[quote]On Jan 10, 2022, funnyclown wrote:

I think Luis mentioned the slide he used is his ID card. It sounds like the reset is very quick and easy. But a slide is only needed if your doing the palmed CTW. In the demo Craig does a no palm CTW without a slide that takes advantage of two features in the wallet. The switch and the CTW feature. He gives logic to this by using a clever presentation about knowing the difference between a magician and a mentalist.
/quote]

I have a few tried and tested routines of my own which features a card to wallet phase which I would like to carry on performing hence my question....Obviously I would also use Craig's routine too.
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Just back from north cyprus my dads side of the family are from there. I just had the 4 bed apartment renovated my dad left me the property when he sadly passed away. Nice to be back on here hope you and your family Gaz are all great, if your going to buy this new wallet I will press the button too sounds great and it’s leather. Will be great Quality unlike the Nexus that I said at the time was a big mistake not making it in leather since then there’s been so many bad comments about the same thing, but this new Wallets from 1914 looks like it’s on a different level Smile Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL