The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Musical acts rehearsal process (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alexei Kee
View Profile
New user
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain)
25 Posts

Profile of Alexei Kee
Hi, people!

It's been a long, long time since the last I wrote in the Café. Well, life happened...

Anyway, I'd like your advice. I have always performed talked acts in the past and I want to start the new year with a challenge, which is doing a musical act. Just music and magic. I've designed an act with a theatrical story accompanied by music, no words, of about 7 minutes already.

The problem I'm finding Is the rehearsal part as I find myself a bit overwhelmed and lost. The music I have chosen has places that accentuate the magic and, although all the thinking put in, I have a fear of not being able to get right on time to those, get lost in the music, etc.

I'd like to know if there's a process published anywhere that could make the rehearsal more efficient in the particular case of musical acts like this one. I've got The Ostrich Factor and it's a wonderful book but don't remember having read about this kind of acts there

I know the secret of magic is hard work and repetition, just wanted to hear some different points of view appart from mine.

Thanks a lot!!!

AK Smile
People waste 50% of their mind power. I'm a genius, I waste 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Musical acts rehearsal process (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL