The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Head Rush' new Peter Loughran illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
Did anybody see the slide-show of Peter Loughran's new illusion Head Rush at HocusPocus Magic (www.hocus-pocus.com)?
The effect looks fantastic and the price is also ok.
WALTHER
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Hello.
I have, and I like what I have seen. Iam waiting till the release.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for the interest guys! We are only able to put out a 100 of these for now. We are so busy with other projects and upcomming shows that no more will be made for a few months after the release date.

Just to inform...we decided to sell this particular item as a self assembly kit for a couple of reasons. One-by doing this we cut down on labour costs so that this can be made more affordable, and two-it can be shipped in a smaller box allowing for a much reduced shipping cost to the buyer as opposed to shipping it fully constructed.

We were going to just release it as plans, but instead thought it would be great to do the bulk of the shopping for you and provide you with the essential materials, and have the materials cut and painted for you so you can have it put together in a couple of hours. Also some of the materials require miter cuts and so forth, so this is all done for you!

You guys will love this!!! It is becoming my personal favorite! I wasn't quite sure what I had until I showed some laymen and scared the heck out of them...for some reason no one seems to look at you the same way again after you do this effect for them...

You guys will have loads of fun with it, oh and it is super easy to do!!!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Looks very interesting , Peter !

Would definitely prefer to see a real time video of the full performance, including the get ready and the clean up .
Doesn't have to be a full production video , as long as it's in focus and clearly lit. If you don't have time to do a quick shoot on a video demo I hope one of the guys at Hocus Pocus will shoot one.

I like the concept of the self-assembly kits.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi David, when we have time we will try and get something up, if we still have stock left to sell, I know that Hocus Pocus sold about 20 of them in the first 24 hours it went up. I somehow don't think there will be any left come time for release. Also there isn't really anything to get ready and virtually no clean up. It is all contained within the frame.

We are absolutely swamped right now with Beside Yourself, Head Rush, the production of E2, our up comming shows, and ofcourse all of our other current products so filming a video for people to critize the production values of, is actully the last thing on my mind. I will try and get one up as soon as I can.

Thanks for your interest.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Thanks for all your hard work, Peter. I personally can't wait for this one.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I thought they weren't coming out until July 15. Save me one Peter! Please!
Oh, have you set a price?
Performance situations?
etc.
Brian
The great Sandwich!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Good one Peter, I think I will go for one.
BTW you did not reply to my P.M about beside yourself.
Head Rush is a wonderful idea. What do you eat everyday Peter? Just curious cus you come up with fantastic ideas that are simplicity in themselves.
Thanks for your contribution and do keep it coming mate.
Cheers
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 09:30, Peter Loughran wrote:
so filming a video for people to critize the production values of, is actully the last thing on my mind.

Yeah, I hear you. Some folks are never satisfied unless it looks like Spielberg shot your video .

I may go ahead (ha!) and buy this one without the video demo.

Question then:

Can you move the head in the frame in both directions, from left to right and then back again to center ? Know what I mean ?

The photos on Hocus-Pocus show you moving the frame over to the left , but then does not show whether the frame returns to center position or can also be moved across to the right side and then back to center .
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thanks Mike!

Thats right What the.. they are not going to be ready for shipment until July 15th. Hocus Pocus is accepting pre-orders as I will too by next week. As a company and offering pre-orders we get a better idea in the first day or two of how many we should be building. I was origianlly only going to build about 50, but we have seen a lot of interest, so We will be building 100 for the first production run. I would actually like to build more but that's about our limit for now. We do plan on manufacturing more later in the fall.

dsilversfield- Im embarressed because I can't remember what your question was about B.Y. and I must have deleted the PM. So feel free to email me the question again, I would be happy to answer it for you.

Btw I eat a bit of everything, although I have a sneaky suspicion it could be the Lucky Charms...

Hi David, When you get the kit you will be able to pick which side you want to move the frame to. Unfortunatly no you can't do both sides, but you do have your choice for your own preference when you are assembling it and if you are left or right handed. But you can move the frame up and down and tilt it 90 degrees on which ever side you have decided to go with...Follow?

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Wow. This sounds great!!! And the price is set just right.
Yours,

Ivan
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Peter,

A similar effect is in Dunninger's Complete Encyclopedia on page 117, called The Headless Wizard.

Have you seen this and if so did it give you any motivation or ideas to creat your effect?

Yours achieves the same result,looks a lot easlier to perform and it is quit obvious that your effect is NOT done exactly the same as his.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
I do not understand the 90 degrees part, does that mean they can see the back of the frame?
thanks,
Paul
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

James, no Dunningers effect was not my inspiration. I have infact developed several out of the box illusions. The first of which I released was Beside Yourself, and ofcourse now Head Rush, I have a few more new and similar concepts up my sleeve that I will be releasing over the next couple of years.

Magicman862-No it means it can be turned so that your head is side ways! Obviously no one is allowed to see behind the frame, sorry if that was unclear.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
444 Posts

Profile of Rick
Peter,sorry to ask this but.. Aprox.. how far away do you have to be to perform this?? thanks,Rick.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

You could be as close as a few inches if you wanted, that's how real this looks. However you can't have anyone behind you or directly to the sides where they could see behind the frame.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Thanks for clearing that up Mr. Loughran, this sounds like a good item, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder this so he doesn't run out, I don't want to have to wait till fall
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Peter. No problem I will e mail it to you.
I understand you must have been very busy.
Cheers buddy.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Wow Peter, that does look awesome! Quick question, would what you wear be limited, as in built into a specific shirt, or could you do it anywhere, anytime? I might just have to order that.
The great Sandwich!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

No you are somewhat limited with the shirt once you have built the unit, but you could change it from show to show if you wanted.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Head Rush' new Peter Loughran illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL