The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lion Rings by Hector Lion & TCC (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5800 Posts

Profile of videoman
Anyone have these rings or have any insight into them?
Curious if the rings or routine bring anything new to the table.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S32925
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4312 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I picked them up on a whim. I’m not a linking rings fan and have never played with them in the past. I did buy the Melero rings but never opened them. With these, everything you see in the trailer is legit. A few nice sequences I hadn’t seen before. In terms of method, don’t be expecting anything earth shattering. It’s essentially a standard set but the gimmicked ring doesn’t have a gap…at least to the naked eye. So you can show them freely at all times without having to cover anything (until you do the actual linking and unlinking). The spectator can hold all four rings but can only inspect three of them. Teaching is pretty solid and he repeats the moves a lot so you can follow along.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Thin light rings but routine is good.
peterwatch
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of peterwatch
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2022, emyers99 wrote:
I picked them up on a whim. I’m not a linking rings fan and have never played with them in the past. I did buy the Melero rings but never opened them. With these, everything you see in the trailer is legit. A few nice sequences I hadn’t seen before. In terms of method, don’t be expecting anything earth shattering. It’s essentially a standard set but the gimmicked ring doesn’t have a gap…at least to the naked eye. So you can show them freely at all times without having to cover anything (until you do the actual linking and unlinking). The spectator can hold all four rings but can only inspect three of them. Teaching is pretty solid and he repeats the moves a lot so you can follow along.


Thanks for your info. Very useful to me. I think I know how it works.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Is this a standard set (1key, 1 single and 2 linked)?

In the demo he clearly counts them as singles one at a time but later he hands out the two linked rings to be examined hence my question?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4312 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yes. Standard set. Handling to show four separate rings is clever.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
I have these and they're nice. Thin, but that helps with the gaff. Allows very clean displays/angles, and the included routine is really pleasant/deceptive. The ad copy video is 100%.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I do not own these but when I saw the ad for them when released, I was somewhat impressed and very tempted to buy them.

What this set does is to take the standard set of four rings to a more comfortable place. Show the rings more freely and handle them more comfortably.

I do own their standard set in all 5 colors and the quality of each set varies somewhat from terrific to not so terrific. I really like the ring thickness and nicely made you know what. The carry bag is excellent!

Some would say that the ring not gimmicked to hide the you know what is like riding a bike without training wheels.

YouTube has a couple of excellent and very deceptive routines using what I suggest are the standard set. You think you are seeing the four rings freely throughout the routine!

They are indeed tempting but I feel the need to push myself to continue to develop a nice routine the more challenging way. Not quite there yet.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2022, emyers99 wrote:
I picked them up on a whim. I’m not a linking rings fan and have never played with them in the past. I did buy the Melero rings but never opened them. With these, everything you see in the trailer is legit. A few nice sequences I hadn’t seen before. In terms of method, don’t be expecting anything earth shattering. It’s essentially a standard set but the gimmicked ring doesn’t have a gap…at least to the naked eye. So you can show them freely at all times without having to cover anything (until you do the actual linking and unlinking). The spectator can hold all four rings but can only inspect three of them. Teaching is pretty solid and he repeats the moves a lot so you can follow along.


So do you prefer Lion ring than Melero Ring ?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4312 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As I mentioned, I never even took the melero’s out of the package. I believe the thickness and weight of the meleros are more significant than the lions. The lions are thin and light. If you like the displays in the lion tutorial, you’ll need the lions.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I have both and agree with Eric.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2022, emyers99 wrote:
As I mentioned, I never even took the melero’s out of the package. I believe the thickness and weight of the meleros are more significant than the lions. The lions are thin and light. If you like the displays in the lion tutorial, you’ll need the lions.


Thanks Eric. I am wondering if both using same method for the gimmick ring .
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4312 Posts

Profile of emyers99
They do not.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Unlike the Melero rings, the gaff on the Lion set does not have the angle restrictions. It can be handled with extreme fairness (exactly as in the video). Except in the split second when you are actually linking, you can always display all four lion rings freely.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2022, Chris Aguilar wrote:
Unlike the Melero rings, the gaff on the Lion set does not have the angle restrictions. It can be handled with extreme fairness (exactly as in the video). Except in the split second when you are actually linking, you can always display all four lion rings freely.


Thank you Chris.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9457 Posts

Profile of funsway
I may have to get a set, sigh! I am documenting an entire set of Methods and Routines for Linking Rings based on a totally different Framing and Premise that standard/traditional. I do show how these new methods can be used with various sets such as Melero and Linking Hearts. So, I guess I may have to include these Lion rings too. Watch for the F.U.N. Rings Series of eBooks on lybrary.com You don't have to buy any special set for my new approach and sleights, but can use what you have and possibly segue to use the special features of any special set. If I do get a set (or someone sell me theres on the cheap) I will post thoughts here and include them in my eBooks. Like the Melero rings, I will probably never use them since I can do more with new methods rather than gimmicks. Be patient, though. It took me sixty years to develop these methods and my hands don't type so good no more. Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
67 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I like the Lion Rings. It's very freeing to be able to show them on all sides pretty much all the time, but there are many things you CAN'T do with them such as the usual links and unlinks, so it's a bit of a trade-off if you already have a routine you like. For close-up, they're hard to beat and fun to work with. I've been doing the rings in my strolling forever, but I've at least temporarily switched to these because I like the routine and the freedom. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for something new. Not sure. At first they seem very thin compared to what I was used to, but it's pretty easy to get comfortable with them and they're fairly substantial and well made. I think it's really for each to decide for themselves but, all in all, I think they're worth a look.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9457 Posts

Profile of funsway
I got a set of these and must give a mixed review. I like many of the moves and presentation ideas even though one loses the ability to perform some traditional effects. These can be good for walk-around if no followup is planned. Those familiar with McAbee Rings can add some of those moves here.

On the negative side is the quality of the rings. I scratched my hand taking these out of the case. I have no problem with 'less than perfect' welds, and even use that to advantage in some routines. Maybe I got a bum set, but the alignment of the weld is off so far on one ring it has sharp edge. I would be uncomfortable handing them to a spectator.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2022, funsway wrote:
I got a set of these and must give a mixed review. I like many of the moves and presentation ideas even though one loses the ability to perform some traditional effects. These can be good for walk-around if no followup is planned. Those familiar with McAbee Rings can add some of those moves here.

On the negative side is the quality of the rings. I scratched my hand taking these out of the case. I have no problem with 'less than perfect' welds, and even use that to advantage in some routines. Maybe I got a bum set, but the alignment of the weld is off so far on one ring it has sharp edge. I would be uncomfortable handing them to a spectator.


Same bad feeling about quality about the set we received at the shop, they're poorly made, very surprising from TCC.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Its hit and miss with their stuff regarding quality (see the comments for their anything box). Some of their products are way over priced as well (look at their sponge offerings). My key ring had to be bent into alignment and they are super thin and light. But they are deceptive and can be shown freely and that's a major advantage. The routine and teaching is pretty good and no one knows, cares or needs to have other moves for these to be baffling and entertaining. My welds are fine and they are a good size for carrying (case is decent). Overall they are my ring of choice (for casual and if I were to walk around again). I have yet to find a perfect travel set but these will do. You take your chances as with all mass produced things that come out of factories over there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lion Rings by Hector Lion & TCC (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL