The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
I've heard lots of great stuff about this video-series on this forum, but some preview of it is nowhere to be found.

Are there someone out there who know of a url or something with a little sneak-peak of perhaps some part of the video, or other work by Steve Forte? It would be greatly appreciated!

-Samuel
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
These tapes are awesome.... Off hand I do not know where to view any clips, but, if you can get your hands on the tapes, buy them!

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
The tapes are available several places, but for a price of 45$ I'd like to get a peak of it on advance.

I have heard several places that they are great, and I'll probably buy them soon, but I'll wait and see if something happens here first Smile

Another thing is: Several places on this site it is said that the moves are not taught, only shown - is this true?
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
True
Who is John Galt?
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Then Steve Forte's videos wouldn't be the ideal to buy if to learn gambling sleights?
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Forte's videos are the best source for learning gambling sleights. The last thing you need is explicit instructions on where to put your fingers, etc... Everyone is different and you will find your own way. All you need is illumination which Forte provides in spades.

You do not need a preview, just buy them.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Ok, I think I just might do so Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I've said for many years now that Steve's videos are the single most important influence on my card handling in the entire time that I've been working with a deck of cards (14+ years).

I spent 2 years with those videos (and virtually nothing else) in Okinawa.

Incidentally, I've asked Steve if he has any plans to release the Gambling Protection Series on DVD. His answer is "eventually, yes...but not for some years." So, your best bet is to get them while you can. You won't be disappointed.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the info. The wish for these tapes to appear on DVD has been my number one question lately.I really don't understand why Steve Forte with his legendary reputation is so darned coy. These tapes are twenty years old. You would have thought by now that he would have updated them or at least re-mastered them on DVD. There is a whole bunch of us ready to jump all over these when they hit DVD. But the thought of fast forwarding and rewinding etc with blurry video images is somewhat unappealing after the clarity and convenince of DVD. I mean, can't you give him a nudge or something?

Regards,

Paul H
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I've tried...a little. The thing is, he's got other projects in the works right now that are taking up all of his time.

The GPS will come out on DVD one of these days. Personally, I kinda like the fact that there are people out there that are still putting off buying his tapes because they can't be bothered to hit "forward" and "rewind." You see, I don't see the reluctance of others to access his material (on video) as a bad thing.

Ask guys like Craig Krisulevicz what he thinks of the videos...rewind buttons and all.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He probably still has stock of Videos and won't go DVD until they are all sold.

You can get 'em at http://www.stevensmagic.com

Tell 'em I sent you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Jason,

I'm not quite sure it is as simple as being lazy about the ff and rw. In the first instance I use my laptop when viewing and practicing card magic from DVD's and it doesn't have a built in VCR. Also, I am an associate editor of an internet mag called HTProjectors.com. We regard video as a prehistoric format. As you can imagine, I have a state of the art home theater system for reviewing new bits of kit and watching video on a 92 inch wide screen is a pityful experience. When you know what to look for its also fairly grim on smaller TV's.I think many households now have DVD's and video is definitely becoming extinct. If this keeps Steve's work (and that of Darwin Ortiz etc) hidden from the muggles then I can see it might be a good thing. However, it hardly makes much sense financially in the medium term let alone the long term. But there we are.

Pete, thanks for the link and I will definitely mention you. I am about 46 and three quarter years old and I have a birthday coming up in September. So, it looks like the GPS will be heading my way then. I shall just have to dust off that old VCR..Groan!

Regards,

Paul H
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
I agree with you peops in one thing: DVD is of better quality and technology, easier letting us wind through and rewatch the stuff.

BUT

A DVD is far much easier to copy and rip, and then to send it over the net so that nobody has to buy it anymore. It can be done with VHS, but that's far much more work. That's one thing that should be taken into consideration!
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Steve fortes GPS are the tapes that changed the way I handle cards.

I would of paid double that.

They are a must for any serious card handler.

you cant wait for DVD , as it would be a waste of time.

They will change the way you do your card handling.

If I had to only keep one thing out of all the books and tapes I have got, it would be the GPS without a question.

Get them and you'll see that they live up to the hype!

thanks

kukram
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Well, it's true that not putting the tapes on DVD makes little financial sense. But Steve isn't worried about the loss of revenue, I can assure you.

Secondly, you realize that these tapes would retain their original 1980s production values even if offered on DVD right? I mean, a perfect digital copy of poor production quality material is still poor quality. It'll just be crystal clear poor quality.

But in any case, I guess it boils down to preference. I would listen to Steve talk on an 8-track tape while watching a 16mm film if that's what it took to get the information on his tapes. He also has an enormous (700 page) book coming out later this year. Unfortunately, you won't be able to read it on your laptop, and you can't blow it up to 96 inches. Will you be skipping that one as well?

Jason
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 14:26, JasonEngland wrote:
Unfortunately, you won't be able to read it on your laptop, and you can't blow it up to 96 inches.

It's 92 inches Jason.... Smile
I too CANNOT wait for this text to come out...

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
camador
View Profile
Regular user
Salamanca
170 Posts

Profile of camador
Jason,

Is it possible to know which topics will be covered in that new book by Steve?

Thanks
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
The book is a textbook on gaming table protection. There is next to nothing in there for the average card guy, and absolutely nothing for the average card magician. Only if you're a gambling junkie like myself would you be interested. Don't think, "Gambling Protection Series" in a print format. The book isn't that at all.

Jason

Quote:
On 2004-06-25 14:31, S.Segal wrote:
It's 92 inches Jason.... Smile
S.Segal

Sorry, I had assumed Paul would have upgraded by now. 92 inch screens are so passe.

Jason
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Do you ever get the feeling where you wished you had never opened your mouth? Hmmmm. Anyway, rather than delve into the subtle and delicate area of comparing sizes or Steve's decision to keep his visual material in the dark ages, is there anything at all for a card guy in this new and intriguing gaming table book Jason?

Regards,

Paul H
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 15:22, JasonEngland wrote:
The book is a textbook on gaming table protection. There is next to nothing in there for the average card guy, and absolutely nothing for the average card magician. Only if you're a gambling junkie like myself would you be interested. Don't think, "Gambling Protection Series" in a print format. The book isn't that at all.

Jason

Jason is right. Also Jason, when they see the price, they'll lose their curiosity and interest. In fact, I wish he would raise the price even more.

$
Who is John Galt?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL