The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28..34..40..46..51~52~53 [Next]
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
If we are saying a business card or any other card can be inserted in the deck, then surely that card needs to be the same thickness as the other playing cards? May sound obvious, but just thinking of how a separate card of a different thickness could be in the deck without you seeing a bridge gap in the deck where that card is eg seeing the gap in the middle, but someone names a low number and you only deal say 4 cards to arrive at their card. Due to the workings this may not matter or be a issue though maybe.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
This effect to me seems very reminiscent of the quality of effects bought out by Richard Sanders, very strong workers.Well done Craig.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived today. Now to get the time to watch the tutorial.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, reignofsound wrote:

Release date 14th 🤔
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Release date 14th 🤔

Been sent early for some reason.
Not that I'm complaining.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Presumably the same thing could be done with DBs, although I'm not sure there's anything to be gained in terms of the routines taught on this project. There may be occasions where DBs are beneficial, though none spring to mind as yet. Worth exploring though as a possibility...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes but we don’t really want layman to know dbackers exist imo.
You could also use blank faces and regular backs and the prediction with a blue back.
Also a one way force deck with the selection being the only odd card.
However the blank cards I think are far more intriguing for a spectator when the prediction is the only printed card in the deck and it also overall helps with the method and also examining the cards etc.
So the blank deck is crucial for the directness to a layman and the stunning revelation at the end Gaz.😊
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Release date 14th 🤔

Been sent early for some reason.
Not that I'm complaining.

Probably a shop doing you a favor....Dont mention their name so they don't get in trouble for trying to be nice Smile
Wazabee
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Wazabee
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2022, Wazabee wrote:
Hello Craig,

I love all your videos on YouTube and think the effect of this trick is amazing.

In your different videos you never show how the selected card is put inside the deck. I believe it is the magician who has to put it in a specific location or manage to force the audience to put the card in that specific location.

Could you confirm if the instant reset can be done in the sight of the audience or you need to do some manipulation off sight?
I assume that the meaning of reset is to identify where the selected card should be located for a new round of trick…

Hey there. Different routines have different set ups. However pretty much all over them reset instantly. At the end of the trick you have two piles of cards. You put the printed card back and then reassemble the blank cards by dropping the one pile onto the other and it’s immediately reset. This is done in front of the audience.

Hope that helps.

Craig.

Hello Craig, in the trailer, after the 1st routine with Adam, you end up with 1 pile, then you spent several seconds off sight before inserting the card back to the pile.
at 2:40. After the first public routine you combine both piles together and hand it out for examination.
Do you mean that when you take the pile back you can reset everything in sight of the audience?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I think the way Craig does it is extremely strong, but I think the presentation could be even stronger with more audience involvement.

The more I think about this one, the more I think it would be a tremendous routine to take out the blank box and hand it to someone to hold, take out a regular deck, have them shuffle, have them pick "any" card, the card is lost in the deck. You hand them the deck to shuffle. You pretend to pull one card from the deck. You ask them to look for their card in the deck. It's gone. You say: "Of course it's gone from the deck, it's right here. You ask them to take the imaginary card and pretend to place it in the blank box. They name a number... you know the rest.

KJ
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Had a thought. The QD can modernize a lot of the spirit writing and spirit slate routines. The deck doesn't have to be presented as 51 or 52 "blank playing cards" but any number of rubber banded "blank cards". You could casually fan to show cards blank on both sides. Have person ask question and the answer appears on a card at a number relevant to the deceased person, for example using the birthday number method Craig has in tutorial. Time to break out the ole n*** w*****.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, 1KJ wrote:
I think the way Craig does it is extremely strong, but I think the presentation could be even stronger with more audience involvement.

The more I think about this one, the more I think it would be a tremendous routine to take out the blank box and hand it to someone to hold, take out a regular deck, have them shuffle, have them pick "any" card, the card is lost in the deck. You hand them the deck to shuffle. You pretend to pull one card from the deck. You ask them to look for their card in the deck. It's gone. You say: "Of course it's gone from the deck, it's right here. You ask them to take the imaginary card and pretend to place it in the blank box. They name a number... you know the rest.

KJ

Yes you could just Fo.r.e the card from the reg deck and c.p it or lose it any many ways. Great thinking 1KJ, regards Gaz.😊
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Has anyone else had their instructions removed??? I purchased through Vanishing Inc who now claim they have had to remove them until the physical product has shipped due to keeping in line with the wishes of the producers of the trick.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
I have pre-ordered this, I am waiting on the physical version to arrive before I decide if I should do an in-depth review.

Upon first glance, not really reading through this thread (outside of a skim read) this concept is not entirely new. I know multiple sources that have toyed with similar concepts, but I don't think that anyone has connected all the dots in the way that Craig has - anyone buying expecting a brand new plot or brand new series of methods might be disappointed. However, if you are making a purchase to see what has been done with existing methods and principles then who knows, you might just be surprised.

I need to watch through everything first before I can commit to commenting, but I think this might be my next in-depth review.

David.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
Has anyone else had their instructions removed??? I purchased through Vanishing Inc who now claim they have had to remove them until the physical product has shipped due to keeping in line with the wishes of the producers of the trick.

Good reason to always download and backup your download materials.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, 1KJ wrote:

KJ

I like this idea but didn’t Craig mention including this routine or something very similar as part of the instructional video?
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:

Downloaded mine (smug).
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:

Well that's a bust they've took the instructions off until the 14th.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, Doric wrote:
Quote:

Downloaded mine (smug).

Nice one lol 👍
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Not quite sure they they took the instructions down as I watched part, had dinner then came back to watch the rest and they were gone. I’m sure they have their reasons, but don’t most companies on pre release these days give you instant access to instructions?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28..34..40..46..51~52~53 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL