The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21..29..37..45..51~52~53 [Next]
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Purchased The Quantum Deck immediately after the trailer dropped. This looks absolutely brilliant! In addition to the multiple routines (can't wait to see these), there are so many presentational possibilities with this deck. I'm thinking of using QD as the closer of a Schrodinger-themed set. My mind is racing!

Congratulations, Craig!

Marc
P.S. Playlist should arrive this week. Can't wait to take that for a spin as well!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, dirtyfoucault wrote:
There is something about the outdated green background and rabbit-pulled-out-of-hat silhouettes that seems to bring out the absolute worst in some people. I didn't come on here for years and, as someone who suffers with depression and anxiety, sometimes regret doing so. God knows how Craig feels. It must make you feel like giving up. Yes, the Café is often useful but why is the vibe so often negative? Take this release: none of us have a copy in our hands yet and already there's a backlash. There's a one-upmanship of knowledge - kick another magician and their product based on how much you know of previous tricks and history so you are best. Playground stuff. And I say this as someone who's guilty of the same offense.

Maybe the moderators could work on making this place a little more civilised? The active user base seems to be shrinking and it's not hard to see why ..

This is the whole reason I am on here and don’t do Facebook etc as that’s where the real trolls etc are. The numbers here are going down actually so the vipers snipers or whatever you want to call them have more topics and ill informed knowledge to spout it out on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc)
You will find it’s the lurkers and the people who have left who generally come back dipping in and out to snipe not actually the regular users.
Every magician like it or loathe it looks at these green pages because they know it offers 10 life times of information dedicated to magic.
That’s my honest opinion and In fact I know loads who tell me they don’t post anymore they just don’t sign in and lurk Gaz.😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, ClementLousy wrote:
Quote:
There is something about the outdated green background and rabbit-pulled-out-of-hat silhouettes that seems to bring out the absolute worst in some people. I didn't come on here for years and, as someone who suffers with depression and anxiety, sometimes regret doing so. God knows how Craig feels. It must make you feel like giving up. Yes, the Café is often useful but why is the vibe so often negative? Take this release: none of us have a copy in our hands yet and already there's a backlash. There's a one-upmanship of knowledge - kick another magician and their product based on how much you know of previous tricks and history so you are best. Playground stuff. And I say this as someone who's guilty of the same offense.

Maybe the moderators could work on making this place a little more civilised? The active user base seems to be shrinking and it's not hard to see why ..

Good on you for being open about depression and anxiety, that's something that's been a problem for me too over the years. Hope you're getting on top of it

I agree on this, it’s the worst overlooked illness in the world imho.
I wish everybody well who has suffered from either or both of these Gaz.😊
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Finally a competitor to the Perfidious A.C.A.A.N... looking forward to see how these compare.

Lol... sorry. Bad joke.

Congrats, Craig
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
ClementLousy
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of ClementLousy
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good on you for being open about depression and anxiety, that's something that's been a problem for me too over the years. Hope you're getting on top of it

I agree on this, it’s the worst overlooked illness in the world imho.
I wish everybody well who has suffered from either or both of these Gaz.😊

Haha, maybe it's not so bad on here as I made out after all....totally agree with you mate.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
697 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man. Hope you're getting better too. It's hard - especially when your role is to 'entertain'. Kindness goes a long way IMHO and everyone who shows it on here is appreciated.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
"Fraternity, 'a body of men associated by common interest", It's worth asking what that common interest actually is, I don't think it's magic.'" You nailed it, ClementLousy: men starved for attention, p*ssing on the shoes of other (typically worthier) men and women. Happily, there is a great deal of kindness and generosity of spirit in this "fraternity" too, though that is continually being undermined by a handful of aggressive soreheads, as here.

Craig, bravo, this is another wonderful effect. Whatever the method is, I love the directness of the effect. (It also looks like it would be easy to insert the spectator's "thought of" card in the right position in the deck--depending on where the deck is when we reaches for it--e.g., I could see placing this on a s*rvante--which would render it even more mind-blowing.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don’t think there are any more vipers and snipers here than on any other social forum, maybe less even. But like it was said about a car wreck, bad things/ negativity is what gets the most attention and stands out.

AFA as anyone trying to call out Craig or any creator as not having integrity, I think a decent person with genuine concern for the art would first try to contact the creator in private. By attempting to immediately portray them in a bad light publicly demonstrates to me that they have less integrity than the person they are accusing.
Mitchael
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mitchael
I value all your insights. I do not wish to offend anyone, just offer my opinion, feel free to bash it, kick it, or provide additional insight, and even completely ignore it. Smile You are the one that knows what is best for you.

So here it is. When you are a Magician, make a living for your family by employing techniques, built on the backs of giants; must your patter be entirely honest? Can I examine the cards? Please, what are you thinking? You surely do not answer "No!" Are you there to help the spectator create Magic in their mind or to dispel it? I recommend the better idea, tell the truth, "Yes! You can examine them. but before you do, I would like to show you something different..." that deck goes to pocket and move on to the next effect. Have a blank deck in your pocket, with a King. What will they do ask "Can I pat you down?" Seriously, as a creator I posit that misleading you as to the technique is part of the Magic. Sure we can form Magic Clubs and share everyones secrets, but here is an effect that you can present, one that blew your mind as to the technique, even knowing techniques, you had to think about it, watch that dealing over and over. Surely we all see that it is the effect we are buying, a version to present the effect cleanly, to the point of appearing that nothing is going on. when you first saw the Invisible Deck, remember how it just completely fooled you? Remember how you had to manage access to that deck? You bought and showed that trick to others. the invisible Deck could be the follow up... just think of any card. In the Blue Deck I flipped over..... Peace be with you!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, edwardowen93 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, edwardowen93 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
On the trailer I’m sure there was counting at about 47 cards dealing out loud. So is it literally is a case of any number named 1-52? Only in the performance with Adam, the suggestion was to name a number somewhere in the middle? Just wanted clarification if any number could be named eg 3 or say 50 etc?
Thanks

If the spectator names 10 to 31 you do nothing. If they name out of range there is one simple move that you use to move it to that position. I go through three ways of doing this including a self working way. Most people name within range and there are full live performances of every possible option.

I wonder what that involves...oh wait...

I think that when/if you start moving cards around after a spectator names a number you may as well do this exact effect with a shift and a truly normal, examinable deck. Instead of a normal card in a double blank R**** & S**** deck that we are all pretending smart people won't notice? This is like trying to sell a CAN with a normal deck by saying that 'with only one cut' the card can be found at any number...

I guess this makes a usually difficult method easy for anyone to do, that is probably why everyone likes it so far and so much.

The problem (I think) with this release from Craig is that this isn't new this method and effect is already in print with playing cards and business cards by a bunch of respected creators and legends of magic.

So is it right for Craig to make money on this or even to release this? I think the answer here is no.

I have no doubt that I will get attacked for saying the truth here but this time, I can't not speak up.

Edward

So hang on let me get this straight. Nobody has seen the tutorial and outside of people guessing at the method nobody knows exactly what is happening here. But you have decided that I’m unethical and shouldn’t have released it because the method is in print before.

First of all point me to somewhere where this trick has been done before. Please give me a link. I’m very curious with what you come up with. You can’t make a claim like that without backing it up.

Secondly I showed this to some of the most respected creators in magic and all loved it and said it was very unique. And yet you based on a thread on the magic Café are calling me out.

Finally regarding shifting the card to a different location it’s an invisible move. Nobody will see anything at all. It doesn’t look like anything has happened. However using any shift is the last resort as the way I do it people always name a card in range and I spend a long time talking on the project about how to make sure that happens almost every single time.

Now as for saying I shouldn’t have released it I think there are thousands of magicians that would disagree either you.

Now do me a favour and next time you want to call my ethics into question just go forth and multiply.
Smile

Hi Craig,

That's the reply I expected, thank you.

I know what I can see there on the videos and based on the fact that you are using blank DB's and have a limited range (otherwise you have to move some cards) it can only be what I am saying that it is. And you can see in the video that you count from one side or the other. When you repeat it for Adam W you count from the other side of the deck. You have also alluded to the use of chemicals here, so please don't insult me by claiming this to not be exactly what it is. I'm not saying its bad, just that with a shift and a normal deck blank or not you can do exactly the same effect.

Where is it in print? I'm telling you that not just R/S but using d**** d**** or r****** p**** to deal cards as 1 or 2 has been in print before. You should have found where before releasing this though?

The people you have shown it to just don't know enough, no offence to them, or you.

I will see the tutorial and be the judge of whether when you shift cards, if it is an invisible move. My point is that if you are shifting cards, you have no need for the other part for the method in play here. I agree that its very easy to get people to call a number in your range.

Mature there Craig, maybe before you release your next trick - do it for long enough to know if its new or not.

This is not. Shame.

But clearly the shift is very much a last resort for stubborn spectators. It seems pretty clear to me that you can easily and confidently guide a spectator to picking a number within the required range, and the effect will look perfect. It’s a GOOD thing that - for those rare times a spectator deviates - you have an out. Does the need to do a shift make the effect a little less clean? Yes. Will that likely happen in the vast majority of instances? Almost certainly no.

At least Craig offers a pivot for something that’s largely unlikely to happen in the first place. It just shows how much thought he’s put into this project.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
83 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
I like this trick. If I didn't already own a Destiny Deck, I would be keen to buy it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have personally spoken to Craig about an hour ago on the phone.
I can tell you now this is brilliant, and the cards (all of them) can be given to the spectator at the end without any fear at all.
It’s really is that good, I’m going to be watching the tutorial for 5 straight hours tomorrow Gaz.😊
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
I have personally spoken to Craig about an hour ago on the phone.
I can tell you now this is brilliant, and the cards (all of them) can be given to the spectator at the end without any fear at all.
It’s really is that good, I’m going to be watching the tutorial for 5 straight hours tomorrow Gaz.😊

Now that's great to hear...🙂
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
One little tidbit of information that I've learned over the years of the especially doing mentalism is when you create the atmosphere where The Spectator is the hero they are the ones who picked the right number where you put the card They are the right ones who said where that card was at. I guarantee you the last thing on their mind will be to want to inspect the cards. In a round about way that would mean they did not have that mental success.

Good magic to all,

Eric
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Quote:
Secondly if there is something out there with a similar effect using technique instead of a gimmick why should that be a reason for not releasing a new method. If there is a new method that allows a trick to be performed in a much easier way without using sleight of hand and therefore allows the magician to focus on presentation why is that wrong.

Why is that wrong? The answer is easy: It isn't.

I came up with an alternative method for the effect: You put the card second from the top in a double blank deck. Then if the spectator says "27", you just do 25 bottom deals, then you deal the 26th from the top, and there it is, the one printed card, in position 27. Great! But wait: Who can do 25 unsuspicious bottom deals in a row? Darwin Ortiz? Richard Turner? Who else? Finding a method that allows mere mortals to do this effect (as well as many others) is wonderful.

I think it is a great effect and an excellent utility tool. Craig's trailer and ad text and his posts in this thread are honest and transparent. They are, in fact, so transparent that I think I have figured out Craig's method, and I am merely a hobbyist.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2022, The great Gumbini wrote:
One little tidbit of information that I've learned over the years of the especially doing mentalism is when you create the atmosphere where The Spectator is the hero they are the ones who picked the right number where you put the card They are the right ones who said where that card was at. I guarantee you the last thing on their mind will be to want to inspect the cards. In a round about way that would mean they did not have that mental success.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Very good points Eric I totally agree wise words indeed Gaz.😊
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
Quote:

Well said Gaz,yup totally agree

This is the whole reason I am on here and don’t do Facebook etc as that’s where the real trolls etc are. The numbers here are going down actually so the vipers snipers or whatever you want to call them have more topics and ill informed knowledge to spout it out on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc)
You will find it’s the lurkers and the people who have left who generally come back dipping in and out to snipe not actually the regular users.
Every magician like it or loathe it looks at these green pages because they know it offers 10 life times of information dedicated to magic.
That’s my honest opinion and In fact I know loads who tell me they don’t post anymore they just don’t sign in and lurk Gaz.😊

Well said Gaz, totally agree
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I went ahead and ordered from penguin magic and so far they still have some in stock. I am really looking forward to this. I was wondering if
the tutorial is streaming only on line or can you download it.

Thanks
Allen
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Thank you very much Gaz. I see some have already commented on your Facebook comments I have to admit I totally agree with you my friend.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Shane and thanks Eric, best wishes Gaz.😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21..29..37..45..51~52~53 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL