The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15..24..33..42..51~52~53 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Craig to Adam: "It's genuinely just a double blank deck of cards"

Trailer: "Comes with special gimmicked deck"

👀

Both statements are 100% true.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, Derotanim wrote:
Saw the email about this, skimmed the ad copy, watched half of the trailer while browsing this thread on my phone - decided not to risk getting it by May and ordered.

This looks fantastic.

Thanks for taking the plunge. You won’t be disappointed
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ordered via PD.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
I don't want to expose methods here but I would be grateful to understand if 'chemicals' are applied to any of the cards.

Unfortunately I struggle with rough and smooth, for example, so it would be helpful to know this before buying.

I'm trying to ask in as vague a way as possible!

I'd be grateful for a response to this.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I have already ordered as this looks really good! I do have a question though after watching the interview with Harry on Alakazam where you talk about writing on the cards for some presentations, which is a great idea. Will you need to buy multiples to do different presentations, or can you just change out the blank cards, if that makes sense?

Robert
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I'd assume there is no R&S otherwise when you hand them out to the spectator for inspection it would be game over?
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, btwigg wrote:
I'd assume there is no R&S otherwise when you hand them out to the spectator for inspection it would be game over?

I've messed around with a similar idea to this. If Craig's version is along the same lines then the cards can be examined, and a layperson would be unlikely to spot something, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to be spotted.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, scott0819 wrote:
First batch already sold out? I see ships May 31 on Vanishing Inc.

Vanishing Inc added this: "READ BEFORE BUYING - The first run of Quantum Deck has SOLD OUT. All future purchases will be put into the que for when it is restocked. The current estimated delivery date is May 2022. At this time, that is just an estimate."

I’m working with Murphys to try to quicken the process but I’m not sure. The next run will sell out quickly as well so I’d back order to be sure.

Think Penguin still have some at the moment though.

I am amazed that Murphy’s has been in the business for years and yet they can’t predict
The amount of demand for and item they have hyped for weeks

You would think by now they would have some idea the demand a new item would attract
but sadly now if they are already sold out of the first batch and a 3 month wait for the next lot
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I wonder if you can have a spectator select a card from a standard deck and then put that card in this deck to be found at the number they name

Ordered this either way
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Craig - in the Alakazam video, you tell Harry it's an instant reset but it took you 14 seconds to reset for Adam in the virtual performance. Is that what you consider instant or was there another reason it took so long? (I'm genuinely asking and not trying to be rude)
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
14 seconds is long?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, rbromley wrote:
I wonder if you can have a spectator select a card from a standard deck and then put that card in this deck to be found at the number they name

Ordered this either way

Yes that is absolutely fine. You can put anything in the deck.

You could put a business card in there and have them name and number and deal to your business card. There are several routines on the project where is signed card goes into a position of the deck

Hope that helps
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, Robert Sixx wrote:
I have already ordered as this looks really good! I do have a question though after watching the interview with Harry on Alakazam where you talk about writing on the cards for some presentations, which is a great idea. Will you need to buy multiples to do different presentations, or can you just change out the blank cards, if that makes sense?

Robert

Realistically it would be best to buy another deck. I do go through how to make them but it would be quite a procedure to get it correct. It took me about six months and over 100 prototypes
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, scott0819 wrote:
First batch already sold out? I see ships May 31 on Vanishing Inc.

Vanishing Inc added this: "READ BEFORE BUYING - The first run of Quantum Deck has SOLD OUT. All future purchases will be put into the que for when it is restocked. The current estimated delivery date is May 2022. At this time, that is just an estimate."

I’m working with Murphys to try to quicken the process but I’m not sure. The next run will sell out quickly as well so I’d back order to be sure.

Think Penguin still have some at the moment though.

I am amazed that Murphy’s has been in the business for years and yet they can’t predict
The amount of demand for and item they have hyped for weeks

You would think by now they would have some idea the demand a new item would attract
but sadly now if they are already sold out of the first batch and a 3 month wait for the next lot

In all fairness I don’t think anyone expected the product to take off to this extent. We are working on trying to reduce the wait time for the next batch. But some dealers still have them in stock at the moment
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
Quote:

Ordered this either way

Yes that is absolutely fine. You can put anything in the deck.

You could put a business card in there and have them name and number and deal to your business card. There are several routines on the project where is signed card goes into a position of the deck

Hope that helps

Thanks Craig--I ordered one from Vanishing Inc that is on backorder and another from PropDog that will ship soon.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
14 seconds is long?

In the context of an "instant" reset, yes...
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Congratulations Craig on an effect that clearly has captured the imagination of the magic world. Couldn't have happened to nicer more genuine guy. Looks like a very smart combination of principles.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s a truly great effect and anybody who performs in the real world will absolutely love it imho Gaz.😊
Ps Real magic doesn’t exist and if it did we wouldn’t have a job or a hobby
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Vanishing inc email says:

Remember two very important things before you watch it.
The number is freely named
A layperson can examine the deck and find nothing.
When you buy “The Quantum Deck” you’ll receive a special deck of cards that does almost all the work for you. And yes, despite the fact that the deck is special, you can confidently let your audience examine it.

Magic Shop San Diego email says:

Quantum Deck by Craig Petty does have a deceptive trailer.
Please bare in mind that this is a very good effect, but handing this deck to a magician is not possible.
I do believe handing it to a layman is no issue but I know many will disagree with that.

I loved the trailer/demo video. I can’t remember the last time I sat through a trailer that long. Very well done and really sells the effect.
But I did note that all of the performances to magicians were over Zoom and not live. IOW, they were not able to actually examine the cards but were told they could.
I guess it would depend on how closely they examined them. Maybe this comes down to your personal comfort level and how bold you are required to be, or how much audience management is required.

I really like Craig as a performer, reviewer, and creator. I wish him great success with this.
I pre-ordered with Penguin. I think it looks great. I don’t think examining the cards is even necessary but nice to know that it’s generally safe to on the rare occasion when someone may ask.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I notice that my question about use of 'chemicals' has not been answered by Craig...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15..24..33..42..51~52~53 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL