The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..51~52~53 [Next]
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Since coivd, I believe the justification for not having props examined is implicit.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I have received my QD's from Penguin and PropDog. I received notice today that my Vanishing Inc QD has shipped now. They must have received some stock fairly quickly. I imagine the Murphy's crew is making these decks as quickly as possible. Both of my decks have worked fine, the new batch should be the same I assume.
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Is the perfomance affected by dry hands?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, ltrblst wrote:

the performance is affected by fishing
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
FreddieLeeFroth
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of FreddieLeeFroth
Quote:

I struggled with the problem of dry hands for a long time till I discovered O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream. You only need a tiny amount (a 5-8mm squirt from the tube) and you'll be good to go. Just for clarity, this reply is in the context of card handling in general.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, Marvello wrote:
Quote:

Not the way I perform it there is no fishing at all Gaz 😊
Tarabas
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Tarabas
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, Marvello wrote:
Quote:

No
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
Consider this brief post as an additional datapoint by a purchaser of the Quantum Deck. I just received (the last?) deck of the first batch from Penguin and am satisfied, happy, delighted, pleased, etc. The quality of the deck and box are top notch and I have had zero problems using it right out of the box. I.e., I have had zero technical issues with the Quantum Deck. My thoughts as to the method were fairly accurate, but the value of this goes way over the top for me with the quality of Mr. Petty's video tutorial. It's extremely thorough and useful. I will be using some of the handling he covers with other illusions.

This is one of the coolest gimmicks I've ever purchased.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Another very well done, comprehensive review.

Goodness knows we can sometimes use magician therapists in our community.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Not the way I perform it there is no fishing at all Gaz 😊

sorry, my attempt at humor regarding fishing in this forum was obviously a miss
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah sorry my bad, I wasn’t concentrating I thought some people may think restricting a number choice is fishing Gaz.😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
FYI, for those interested in combining an index with Quantum Deck, it should be noted that you can do QD with a folded card as well. Just unfold it really well and use your forefinger to obscure the front end of the deck to avoid any possible discrepancy. I mention this because a lot of people already own folded card indexes such as Switch One and others.

Although it could be debated that Switch One would be a stronger effect to follow QD rather than precede it. But I’ll let you guys work out the details. 😃
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, FrankFindley wrote:

Goodness knows we can sometimes use magician therapists in our community.

Fantastic review thank you I will be purchasing this for sure now sounds great.
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Agree... fiddlinjonny's review was very good!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2022, FrankFindley wrote:

Great review, and I especially liked the part at the end.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
A nice review from Sebastian Toca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2N3U9_KqmQ

I love this effect. My deck is a little "loose," but that's easily fixable. I do hope Murphy's eventually releases refills.

Marc
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Great review videos. Thanks, all!
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I completely understand and appreciate Craig's reasoning for preparing the deck as it is, but oh boy. I made my own up with some SF this morning to see whether I preferred it a bit "stronger," so to speak, and I absolutely do. For those of you who are having trouble with the handling, I would absolutely recommend making up your own. The principle is brilliant, but how much "stuff" you'd like seems to be a matter of personal preference, and my performance already looks 100% more natural and less fiddly with my deck made up this way.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2022, Marc Edgar wrote:

I love this effect. My deck is a little "loose," but that's easily fixable. I do hope Murphy's eventually releases refills.

Marc

My deck from Penguin is also "a little loose," as you put it, but I don't know how to fix it. Could you or someone else perhaps PM me and enlighten me as to how to do that? Thanks in advance.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2022, Deckstacker wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2022, Marc Edgar wrote:

Marc

My deck from Penguin is also "a little loose," as you put it, but I don't know how to fix it. Could you or someone else perhaps PM me and enlighten me as to how to do that? Thanks in advance.

Craig explains how the deck is made in the tutorial, which includes how to maintain it and even make your own if you choose to do so. That section should help you out.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Deck by Craig Petty (737 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..51~52~53 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL