The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystallize by Craig Petty & PropDog (99 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2091 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I think knowingly putting out a defective product and hoping that no one notices or cares definitely qualifies as a scam. The only way it would not be a scam is if the creators did not know the products were defective. But how could they not know as they made and shipped them?

Also the creators do not sound too sorry about it, in fact they were condescending and acted like everyone deserved what they got, and we should all pay for their failures and attempts, and just be happy with the crap product because they lost money. To that I say BS. Put out what you claim or don't put out at all.

They are basically just trying to stick customers with the bill of all their failed attempts, and have sown no desire to fix the product. Even worse allowing Craig to take the burden and blame, and letting him pay shipping for returns when he is not making a dime.

I don't see them recalling it, they just want everyone to buy the defective ones so they do not lose any more money. Then they get mad when Murphy's does the right thing and takes partial refunds out of their account. So I stand by my "scammy and scummy" statement also.

The product was a failure and to make matters even worse they probably tripled the price to try and recoup their losses, and decided to just sell the defective ones and act like people should be grateful lol.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Lost major respect for Craig on this one. I still think he could regain it by doing an Honest Trailers on this product that ends with him throwing it in the garbage. It's absolutely what he'd have done to anyone else who released this trash.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Doric
At least Craig tried to help put things right. Even offering to pay for return postage out of his own pocket.

Bonz, on the other hand, washed his hands of the whole thing in order to protect Propdog revenues. I fear the bubble has burst on Propdog's reputation for doing the right thing by it's customers. Bonz is living it up in Las Vegas at the moment so I won't expect a reply any time soon.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2091 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I highly doubt he is "living it up," he is probably just losing more money.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2091 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
How about sending one of these to the Wizard Magic Review? Let's see what Dave, Sean, or Wayne or whoever is running that now, have to say about the "bubble shaker" and "disintegrating salt balls." But the way it sounds they can't afford to give any away, and I think they know what the review will be like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystallize by Craig Petty & PropDog (99 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL