The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How can I sell my tricks? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RightLegDave
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of RightLegDave
Hello
I'm new here. I'm an amateur magician but I have just come into a VERY LARGE amount of new old stock of magic tricks; some quite expensive and hard to purchase now (MindPad 2, Sixth Sense 2 are among them). I'm not sure how to go about selling all this stuff and was hoping someone might be able to give me some clue as to the best way to go about it? Are there any dedicated websites? Is it considered unethical to sell these? They are all brand new and never opened. I have at least 300 unopened magic DVDs/gimmicks to sell. Probably about $8000 retail worth! Help!!!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
You could sell them via that Café. There's a section for just books, one for DVDs and another one for tricks. First thing you need to research are the original prices for each item. Then decide what price you are willing to do for each item. Then just post the items and prices at The Café and see what gets interest and what doesn't.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10232 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The problem with you being new is you do not have access to the Let's Make A MAgic Deal forum (The Café's marketplace). You will not see this or be able to access this until you have 50 legitimate posts. Once you do you will see the lower level (basement as some call it or "downstairs") which includes the marketplace. There are areas there specifically for what you have to sell.

So the best way to get there is to spend a week or two participating in discussions here in the forums you do have access to. Don't try to mention you have these for sale as these posts will not be considered "legitimate" and will be deleted.

So settle in, participate, start a topic or few and you will find 50 posts will get here pretty quickly and you will have access to our marketplace. Best of luck!
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2365 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I've had a fair amount of success on eBay, or I should say my wife has. It takes awhile to get the procedures down but during the pandemic she became an expert. Quality pictures and cultivating positive feedback are important.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2838 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
If you are on the social media Facebook, there are buy and sell groups for magic.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2022, RightLegDave wrote:
Hello
I'm new here. I'm an amateur magician but I have just come into a VERY LARGE amount of new old stock of magic tricks; some quite expensive and hard to purchase now (MindPad 2, Sixth Sense 2 are among them). I'm not sure how to go about selling all this stuff and was hoping someone might be able to give me some clue as to the best way to go about it? Are there any dedicated websites? Is it considered unethical to sell these? They are all brand new and never opened. I have at least 300 unopened magic DVDs/gimmicks to sell. Probably about $8000 retail worth! Help!!!

First thing you are going to want to do is set yourself for disappointment. Know that your $8,000 in retail will very likely end up somewhere WAY lower than that..

There is nothing wing with selling second hand magic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RightLegDave
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of RightLegDave
Thank you everybody. I've decided to start by basically uploading everything onto my own online Shopify store and see how that goes. There's just so much stuff (it turned out that there was way more than I had first thought) so this way I can offer them at a big discount and the vendor fees aren't as high. The idea of selling everything individually through eBay or FB is overwhelming as theres over 400 items here. We've been unpacking/cataloging it for 4 days now! Do the rules here allow me to post the link to the website here once I have published it?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do you want a lot price? That is way easier to sell.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Another place to sell is on the Surplus Magic Exchange on Facebook. In many ways their discussion forum , SME Talk Magic, have replaced the Café for many magicians. SME and SME Talk Magic are an active community. You'll get more eyes on the items you're selling there.

I hope the Shopify store works out for you. Please report back how that goes. Good luck.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
The Café is a great place to sell items all though you will have to have 50 posts or more to be able to see these catagories.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How can I sell my tricks? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL