The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings From Renée in Alaska (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

UnicornLair
View Profile
New user
Wasilla, Alaska
26 Posts

Profile of UnicornLair
Hello,

Thank you for including me in The Magic Café. I can’t remember a time I wasn’t aware of magic. When I was a child, my parents made sure we never missed watching Doug Henning and David Copperfield when they were on television. I had a magic kit when I was around eight years old, but didn’t have much in the way of instruction available in rural Alaska. I’ve always loved magic and performances, and I’ve enjoyed collecting a few books and tricks over the years.

I recently heard a podcast interview with Jeff McBride where he said something to the effect that there are many people that are super fans - love, obsess over and collect baseball memorabilia that have never played baseball and never will. That there are people that feel the same about practicing and collecting magic even though they are not performers. That strongly resonated with me and I basically took it as an invitation to jump into magic.

Then, I purchased a “haunted key”, and since then, magic has pretty much taken over my life the last few months.

I look forward to learning from everyone here, and hope to share some interesting discoveries.

Best wishes,
Renée
UnicornLair

I’m on Instagram as Gingerbreadforest where I mention interesting books I’m reading, pictures of life in Alaska, and put up artwork now and again.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
582 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Welcome Renee!

I envy anyone who lives in such a beautiful state as Alaska.

If your interests lie with spooky/story telling magic this is one of the best places you can be. Many of the members will be happy to answer questions.

Check out THE SPOOKY, THE MYSTERIOUS, and THE BIZARRE.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings From Renée in Alaska (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL