The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Coin now for Hopping Half, Other than TANGO (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

replyback
View Profile
New user
SFO Bay Area. CA. USA
2 Posts

Profile of replyback
Know about Tango Coins, that is on my Radar. Now I want to get a quality set and make one time investment and enjoy while doing them! What are the other brand of "Hopping Half" coin set that are as good, if not better!

I am beginner and purchased expensive coin set for 3 FLY, I was not ready! Then I got Todd Lassen's Gravity Flipper paying $$$ because they are RARE and BEST and one day I can use with skills gained Smile . After learning more, Really think Hopping Half coin sets will be great for a beginner like me. Aiming to get a good set. Logic is , for a beginner; whatever strength a good quality coin sets bring to the act, will help raise the level of magical effect. Coins are something that can last long time...so not worried that I am wearing them out.
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
Schoolcraft are very good but a bit expensive. I have a Morgan expanded shell from him and the fit is excellent.

Bob Mason makes some very good sets, I have a shell, a shimmed shell and flipper from him.

Johnson products are less expensive but are well made. I have some stuff done by them but most of their newer stuff is Kennedy half so if you want a liberty or Franklin set you have to hunt up an older more expensive set.

Roy Kueppers gets mixed reviews but all the stuff I have from him has been fine. If you want to try his stuff, suggest you get it from one of the shops like Penguin since getting stuff directly from Roy seems to get mixed reviews with regard to how long it takes.

Regarding Three Fly, Daryl has a very good video called Three Fly III which goes through all the moves and a nice routine without requiring gaffed coins...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3352 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've got several items by Roy Kueppers. The quality is VERY nice (IMO, but I've always bought directly from a brick & mortar magic shop or directly from him at a convention never sight unseen online)

The most difficult issue with his work is his lack of decent customer service. If you love what you've got from him, and it works great, there's no problem! If you need to talk with him about a problem with his coins... Well, good luck sucker.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Coin now for Hopping Half, Other than TANGO (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL