The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best gaffed 3 card Monte? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
What do you think is the best gaffed 3 card monte effect available?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Many might say a very good case could be made for Michael Skinner’s classic “Ultimate 3 Card Monte.”
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
For a gaffed three-card monte, my vote would be for Three by Steve Valentine. Alas, I don't think it is available anymore.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Thanks for posting Three. Had not seen it. I just recalled another very good one: Temptation, by Gordon Bean.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I do like Garret Thomas Stand up Monte
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
For Standup I like Tonte (jumbo version, four queens) by Ton Onosaka. And for closeup I like Ultimonte by Harold Cataquet (who is a member of this forum).
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Another vote for Skinner routine.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
+1 to U3CM.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Moser Monte

Also, one that doesn’t get enough love, Hunter’s Monte
JennysLaw
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JennysLaw
Outlaw by Kris Nevling has served me well. I use a Himber Wallet with a couple visible "provers" to sell that the wallet had previously been empty when the money card mysteriously appears back in the wallet and incorporates back into the effect.
JennysLaw
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JennysLaw
I also agree with CopperChopCup that Moser Monte and Hunter's Monte are both deserving Monte routines.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I like Bammo Monte Monster by Bob Farmer, it is based on double indexes with new moves and very nice cards
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
If you've got a copy of Mark Mason's Real World Magic DVD (2004), his "Stuck up monte" is an excellent, fun routine. Gaff easily made with stuff that's probably already in your office. Other good effects also on the 2 disc set.

Magic Doc
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Another vote for Bammo Monte Monster by Bob Farmer.A very clever use of the index gaff.
timph
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of timph
Stand Up Monte is awesome but takes a lot of practice...... well, for a noob like me anyway.

I still love Colour Monte. I know a lot of magicians think it's a bit cheesy, and it's a very old effect, plus there is a clunky move in the original version that's been improved upon, so important to find the new working of that. But the patter, routine and the payoff at the end still kills, with specs who have never seen it before.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
229 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
The Scarlett Monte by Malcolm Norton is a fun one. I believe it's based on an effect by Paul Daniels called the Scarlett Pimpernel.
Madman13
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Escorial 3 Cards Monte by Gaetan Bloom
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Another vote for Michael Skinner's, Three Card Monte- Bill Malone style- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkFdjhdw5QE
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
If you want to go with the classic version, Sal Piacente has you covered- https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/816
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
KMagic
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of KMagic
I have Stand Up Monte and Ultimate 3 Card Monte. I really like U3CM. Stand Up Monte is great too but my go-to is U3CM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best gaffed 3 card Monte? (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL