The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you think are the best performances of card magic on Penn & Teller's Fool Us? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Penn & Teller's Fool Us is now in its 8th season since it started more than ten years ago in 2011. Over that time there have been some great performances of card magic.

Which performances of card magic would you consider to be some of the very best that have appeared on the show so far?
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Asi Wind!!!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Boris Wild. Impossible Card Trick.

Check it out:
https://youtu.be/Nu1ol_3eDs0
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Indeed Boris Wild.

Also, off the top of my head, so maybe more memorable than best:
Javi Benitez
Shawn Farquhar
Ben Earl
David Parr
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Kostya Kimlat , Paul Gertner
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Joshua Jay. I thought that young woman who did the cardistry with her trick was good
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Nestor Hato
Kostya Kimlat
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I have a lot of favourites, too many to mention. However, I often prefer acts that do not fool Penn & Teller (I'm not sure why). Michael Vincent's sublime performance from the pilot series is still one of the best. He does some difficult sleight of hand right under the noses of Penn and Teller in his signature elegant style; even for a pro like Mike, that's a lot of pressure!

billyj1393
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of billyj1393
Good afternoon friends. This is such a hard question. There are so many talented magicians that are on this show. There are some that do not fool Penn and Teller however are still just great pieces of magic. If I was put into a corner I would have to agree with Boris Wild and Paul Gertner. It is still just hard. So many talented magicians on the show. I really liked the routines by Jeki Yoo and Jon Armstrong too.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2022, billyj1393 wrote:
Good afternoon friends. This is such a hard question. There are so many talented magicians that are on this show. There are some that do not fool Penn and Teller however are still just great pieces of magic. If I was put into a corner I would have to agree with Boris Wild and Paul Gertner.

You're right that it's not about fooling Penn & Teller - what matters is how strong and entertaining the magic is.

Paul Gertner has appeared several times on Fool Us, which performance in particular did you think was his best?
billyj1393
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of billyj1393
I really liked unshuffled. It may have been around for awhile however it was one of the most amazing card trick performances I have ever seen. I think anything Paul Gertner gets his hands on is going to be a great performance.
There is another piece by Joshua Jay I really enjoyed too. It was his out of sight piece. I do admit the reason I liked that one so much is, I read Josh's book and he gives back story about what happened during that performance that was not shown. The back story makes it better. I really enjoyed his book. He shares some great stuff.
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Gazzo
Piff the Magic Dragon
Shawn Farquar {any performance)
Mario Lopez
Siegfried Tieber
Dominique Duvivier
Mahdi Gilbert
Ryan Hiyashi (So over the top it was impossible not to like)
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
Javi Benitez was great.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Never seen an episode.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
SurelY Richard Turner beats them all?
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
I think it's safe to say that as of about 2 weeks ago, Dani DaOrtiz has made it onto the 'top card acts on Fool Us' list for quite a few people.
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2022, salmononius2 wrote:
I think it's safe to say that as of about 2 weeks ago, Dani DaOrtiz has made it onto the 'top card acts on Fool Us' list for quite a few people.

I agree, he is a consummate performer, in every sense.
Madman13
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Mathieu Bich was great.Love the ending.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Eric Mead's performance of Cylinder and Coins was wonderful. A consummate professional.
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Wes Iseli’s performance of his routine Flip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What do you think are the best performances of card magic on Penn & Teller's Fool Us? (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL