The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Mickael
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mickael
Yourimagic,
I don't think you understand! if you can't make something like this, a tip stop the magic!
If I had made myself, you would have said "too bad we can't make gimmicks again" or "for the price, having extra papers would have been better"!
you are the person who is always looking for something!
I have discussed with other magicians and believe me apparently you react like that with a lot of tricks...
I have never
lied in the description! it is well indicated that I explain the method to carry out this trick! it's true !!!
I say it's easy, it's true!!!
I say you can do it in 5 minutes! it's true !!! when the gimmicks are finished, in 5 minutes you are able to present the trick!

so the problem does not come from the trick... search and you will find where the problem comes from!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5886 Posts

Profile of videoman
It is confusing because typically Mickael does provide his gimmicks already made, and for the price (which is comparable to some of his other gimmicks which come ready to go) I think many expected this one to be pre-made as well. Since this product is different than what one has come to expect from Mickael, the ad copy should haVe mentioned very prominently that no ready made gimmicks would be included.

Although the part of me that loves clever gimmicks was intrigued by Heads or Tails, I never considered purchasing it because I have been performing another version of the same effect using the Decisions cards. With this I only need one coin and can repeat it as many times as I wish, and everything can be examined before and after. I love doing this as a bar bet kind of thing and watching the specs disbelief grow along with their frustration as I seemingly guess it right over and over, convincing them that I am somehow influencing them and they can’t understand how that could possibly be. I should point out that if they legitimately flip the coin I am only right half the time as one would expect, but if they consciously place it heads or tails I am right every time. I can’t imagine having this much fun with Mickael's routine but I realize that there are many who would prefer to perform this type of effect in a more serious vein.

I considered replacing my cards with Mickael's clever gimmick but if it ain’t broke, why fix it, and I’m not sure how difficult it is to reset Mickael's gimmick in front of specs which is no problem with the cards. So I had decided to just stick with the cards long before I heard of any issues with making this new gimmick.
The downside with the Decisions cards is they do wear out and can also get stained or damaged from bar tops, spilled drinks, etc. and they ideally do need to appear fairly identical. In fact, I’m at the point now where I need to decide if I should buy a couple new sets (again!) or try making my own.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Mickael - I appreciate the fact that you are trying to help people out by showing them how to make the gimmick themselves, however for the price you are charging you could have included example slips to get people started, as well as the instructions about how to make up more. Either way, it would be more up-front to mention the fact that this is an arts and crafts type project. I looked on the Murphy's page for the effect (as well as penguin magic) and I see no mention of the fact it has to be a DIY type of deal anywhere in the ad copy. If I missed it, please point it out.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes but it’s a few people already that have unbiasly said that this is not a 5 minute art and crafts. So please don’t say it’s 5 minutes because everyone skill /DIY level is different. Yes it may be 5 minutes if you want is as a very draft not looking right rushed gimmick/s. Plus quite a few have already mentioned the quality of the paper provided etc not being very good and even the material for the gimmick not working as it should… but let me guess - according to you this is simply user error, fault and problem right.

I can see a lot being unhappy overall in general with this for lots of reasons, but again anything you comment on not in a positive way (not just this but other of his releases) Mickael is straight on the attack.
Mickael
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mickael
You can see this small video who can really help you to manufacture your Heads & Tails.

Video link :

https://youtu.be/GR9Cy6RWDZ8

Thanks
Mickael
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great video Mickael thank you very much Gaz.😊
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
562 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I think if you used your own magnetic coins and something like flux to detect them this could be quite strong. You could place the predictions next to the covered coins and reveal the predictions before the coins are seen.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
As I noted earlier, I love 50/50 routines and the heads-and-tails plot in particular. However, I think I will pass on this, as I am lousy at arts and crafts. I appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread.

Marc
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
P.S. If the next version comes with a pre-made gimmick, I will definitely consider it.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Hi Mickael (or anyone much smarter than me), I know it advertises these can live in your wallet (which I'm hoping to do), but are we "sure" there isn't long term damage to credit card strips and so on? I never know how much magnetism is too much, and what will truly fly and be okay over time.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
PropDog reviewed it on their weekly show and they were not that impressed
https://youtu.be/Ox4NrqZB9K0?t=206
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Well it'd be a boring world if we agreed on everything.

(Although maybe easier.)
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1565 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Credit cards are not damaged by M***ets. Hotel room key cards are but NOT credit cards.The strip on credit cards is not the same technology as hotel key cards.

On a separate note-Can anybody tell me the size of the M***ets? I lost one in setting up and would like to replace it, plus it would not hurt to have extra.


Ron
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, mrmagic0 wrote:
Credit cards are not damaged by M***ets. Hotel room key cards are but NOT credit cards.The strip on credit cards is not the same technology as hotel key cards.

On a separate note-Can anybody tell me the size of the M***ets? I lost one in setting up and would like to replace it, plus it would not hurt to have extra.


Ron


Interesting. Thank you!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, mrmagic0 wrote:
Credit cards are not damaged by M***ets. Hotel room key cards are but NOT credit cards.The strip on credit cards is not the same technology as hotel key cards.

this is completely untrue:
https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-......t-cards/
https://www.andysowards.com/blog/2016/te......t-cards/
https://walleteras.com/blogs/news/will-t......it-cards
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Disagree my magnetic locked and loaded extreme burn is in my magnetic fire wallet with my credit cards and I have never had an issue with them working it’s an urban myth Gaz.😊
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Disagree my magnetic locked and loaded extreme burn is in my magnetic fire wallet with my credit cards and I have never had an issue with them working it’s an urban myth Gaz.😊

I hope you realize that anecdotal evidence does not supersede actual science. Science is like magic - but it's real.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well I have never had an issue and I have been mixing magnets and cards for years although I love my cash my cards all still work.
I have magnetic hold outs all over me and have never had no issues so I disagree with you. I have my card with me now and will pay with it in a minute at the restaurant I’m in and I have the biggest magnet imaginable on my MD real die next to my credit card. It will work 100% I can assure you Gaz.😊
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1432 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I have has a bank card magnetic strip become functionless due to The Bat magnetic gimmick being too close to the card. Bank cards with "smart" chips, the chips are safe from magnets.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1611 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I disagree with you

Fortunately, science is unconcerned about individual opinions. The articles I linked to all state unequivocally that, while low-level magnetism poses a minor risk to credit cards and other electronic devices, it can and does have a long-term impact on them. If you can provide some actual science to back up your claims, I will gladly consider them, but until then, I will stick to facts that are known to be true.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL