The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Re: credit cards and magnets, seems like every in-person business reads the chip and not the strip nowadays.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well I have never had an issue and I have been mixing magnets and cards for years although I love my cash my cards all still work.
I have magnetic hold outs all over me and have never had no issues so I disagree with you. I have my card with me now and will pay with it in a minute at the restaurant I’m in and I have the biggest magnet imaginable on my MD real die next to my credit card. It will work 100% I can assure you Gaz.😊

You have had success in how you carry your props and bank cards. I mostly have too but in certain circumstances a bank card's magnetic strip could be erased such as happened to me with The Bat gimmick. Many bank cards utilize "smart" chips now to there is much less of an issue.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well it worked anyway, and I don’t believe in conspiracy theories and it’s obvious they would have sorted those problems out years ago if they ever existed.
It’s complete nonsense, it may have happened once to someone many moons ago so it’s nonsense.
It doesn’t happen now pure and simple Gaz.😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It works and that’s all that matters, they used to say you couldn’t have a magnetic case on an iPhone which was another load of cods wallop Gaz.😊
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
Well I have never had an issue and I have been mixing magnets and cards for years although I love my cash my cards all still work.
I have magnetic hold outs all over me and have never had no issues so I disagree with you. I have my card with me now and will pay with it in a minute at the restaurant I’m in and I have the biggest magnet imaginable on my MD real die next to my credit card. It will work 100% I can assure you Gaz.😊

You have had success in how you carry your props and bank cards. I mostly have too but in certain circumstances a bank card's magnetic strip could be erased such as happened to me with The Bat gimmick. Many bank cards utilize "smart" chips now to there is much less of an issue.

The Bat, wow that takes me back a few years - by Chazpro I believe. When this and the Raven 1st came out they were game changers in magic - the good o’l days.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
This discussion is veering way off topic, but just to clarify and provide a little more back up to what I previously stated - credit card magnetic strip experiments on the television show Mythbusters determined that a magnetic field of 1000 gauss is required to corrupt the information on a credit card's magnetic strip. The Earth's magnetic field is approximately 0.5 gauss, a small iron magnet has a field of approximately 100 gauss, and a small neodymium-iron-boron (NIB) magnet has a field of approximately 2,000 gauss. As a result, a small rare earth magnet's field should not be near a credit card. That's not an opinion, it's a scientific fact. That said, if you're comfortable putting your credit card near a magnet, go ahead and do it, but it's pointless to discuss whether or not you personally feel safe doing so.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:

The Bat, wow that takes me back a few years - by Chazpro I believe. When this and the Raven 1st came out they were game changers in magic - the good o’l days.

And what a fun game changer it was! I got so much mileage out of my "Bat" until it was indirectly stolen. I used to "clip" it to my pants near my knee and then while seated at a table the mysteries commenced.
Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2022, Marvello wrote:

. . . . Mythbusters determined that a magnetic field of 1000 gauss is required to corrupt the information on a credit card's magnetic strip.

. . . . and a small neodymium-iron-boron (NIB) magnet has a field of approximately 2,000 Gauss. As a result, a small rare earth magnet's field should not be near a credit card. That's not an opinion, it's a scientific fact.

In our context, the word 'Small' has no relevant useful meaning. OK, coming to the point, the magnetic strength depends on a few important factors viz, the shape, size, surface area, thickness, 'N' Grading, contact area, radiating magnetic field etc. etc.

Said that, the magnets in question are very tiny. Also when the gimmick is folded the tiny magnets gets connected to a ferromagnetic material and thus considerably reducing the radiating magnetic field. These tiny magnets (IMO) has no significant effect on magnetic strip. However, it's always a good habit to keep your magnets away from objects that can be affected.

One good way of reducing the radiating magnetic field is by wrapping magnets in Aluminum foil - The thicker the foil the better. Give it a try. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
feelyplee
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of feelyplee
Hmm , after reading all comments , I'm hesistating, shud I get it lol..
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
S quick question: anyone know where I could get the bits and pieces for this effect? Not the papers, but the magnets/strips/dots ? I have contacted the creator, the retailer, and the wholesaler but have not heard back from any of them.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I would like to know where or at least what size the magnets are. I lost a couple while preparing. I could not figure out their size.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'm putting a (simple) tip down below if you have the "stays shut" problem that I really like in addition to what Mickael says.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
I wish I had a mind that created gaffs and gimmicks but I do not from a creative standpoint.

For me there are already existing principles when put together allow you to just use 3 coins and say 3 index cards .

This is what the spectator would say to the following questions after a performance.

1 Did your actions determine the outcome of each coin ? Yes
2) Did the magician touch the coins as you made your decision or at any point afterwards ? No
3) Were there only 3 cards on the table from start to finish ? Yes
4) Did you decide to where each card would be placed ? Yes
5) Did you examine the cards and coins ? Yes - Ungaffed .

I hear my creative friends bemoan the Café as a terrible place . I still potter around and often it inspires me to think
how would I do that ?

Andrew
timtam
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of timtam
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Great video Mickael thank you very much Gaz.😊
timtam
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of timtam
On Mr Chatelains own video he takes 16mins to make one gimmick , not including 30 mins drying time. And he was working relatively fast, knew exactly what he was doing and is an expert at this sort of thing. So to say you can do it in 5 minutes when it is small and finicky and need to be very precise is B.S. and he knows it. A little honestly please!
I have extreme doubt that he can make one in five minutes. So to suggest the average magician can is ridiculous.
timtam
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of timtam
I do think it is a clever gimmick and that could play well in the right environment. But the advertisement for it should have been clearer as to the amount of preparation required.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On May 23, 2022, timtam wrote:
On Mr Chatelains own video he takes 16mins to make one gimmick , not including 30 mins drying time. And he was working relatively fast, knew exactly what he was doing and is an expert at this sort of thing. So to say you can do it in 5 minutes when it is small and finicky and need to be very precise is B.S. and he knows it. A little honestly please!
I have extreme doubt that he can make one in five minutes. So to suggest the average magician can is ridiculous.

he takes 16 minutes, because he is explaining each step as he does it. I am sure just a video of him making the gimmick without explanation would be 5 minutes. Obviously you're unhappy either way? Very harsh on the opinion there. I have never made this gimmick type, but plenty of gimmicked cards (marketed effect) in my time. I bought this. The first gimmick you follow along with him or just watch once first. The others, then should take you about 5 minutes to make.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2022, Mickael wrote:
Yourimagic,
I don't think you understand! if you can't make something like this, a tip stop the magic!

Are you saying that if someone isn't able to do the arts & crafts needed for this you think they should stop performing magic altogether?! That sounds like blatant contempt.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s easy to make, or just pay someone as they are 20 fold on here who after buying the original who can knock these out quicker than a ham shandy imo Gaz 😊
Ps people need to realise magic requires practice and patience and if you can’t spend or aren’t prepared to spend 5/10 minutes on something do you really want it?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hmm. I don't have this, so I can't judge. But Yourimagic stated that he spent far more time than that trying to making these. 2 hours for two if I remember correctly. And sadly he was still not happy with the result. Now again: I cannot judge how difficult this is. But if Yourimagic really did try his best and he is not exaggerating, the last thing he deserves is contempt from the creator. Or from anyone here.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL