The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
Not fishing, but not sure of two things. Can it be repeated? It is too perfect, as a standalone, as performed in that demo. Also, could this demo be the best possible outcome? Smile

I found my answers, kind of.....these are NOT examinable, but VERY deceptive and as demoed it IS that perfect every time.

Where did you find your answers?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2621 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
Quote:
Not fishing, but not sure of two things. Can it be repeated? It is too perfect, as a standalone, as performed in that demo. Also, could this demo be the best possible outcome? Smile

I found my answers, kind of.....these are NOT examinable, but VERY deceptive and as demoed it IS that perfect every time.

Not sure you would want to repeat this for the same audience during same performance. This would also make a great bar bet.....as long as you don't win 100%.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4084 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure you would want to repeat this for the same audience during same performance. This would also make a great bar bet.....as long as you don't win 100%.

Especially so depending upon what bar/pub you go to.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1432 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
Performing this one time to an audience with only three reveals- I am not seeing the WOW factor at all. Maybe people are more easily entertained than I thought. 😆
And at $35 we are still seeing magicians fooled too.

Perhaps then buy two sets to do 6 reveals. I think this type of an effect with 3 reveals is a nice interlude and precursor for another effect.
Michael

NOW you're thinking! I often buy two sets of props or gimmicks for such a reason or to have a backup incase it is lost or stolen. Especially since we do not know if or when an item will be discontinued.
Six reveals, now that becomes more impressive, 👍 not three reveals if the effect isn't repeatable.👎
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, Fromentum wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Performing this one time to an audience with only three reveals- I am not seeing the WOW factor at all. Maybe people are more easily entertained than I thought. 😆

Perhaps then buy two sets to do 6 reveals. I think this type of an effect with 3 reveals is a nice interlude and precursor for another effect.
Michael

Or buy 20 Sets to make 60 reveals. As we all know the more reveals the better the effect ;-)

Right? 😆
There is a reason the ACAAN plot is done with 52 cards and not 3 cards. 😉
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I'm going to create a show using only these slips of paper.

73 reveals, carefully times at 12 second intervals.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4084 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
I'm going to create a show using only these slips of paper.

73 reveals, carefully times at 12 second intervals.

😄
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Fromentum
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2022, Fromentum wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Michael

Or buy 20 Sets to make 60 reveals. As we all know the more reveals the better the effect ;-)

Right? 😆
There is a reason the ACAAN plot is done with 52 cards and not 3 cards. 😉

Bad news for the 3 card monte routine ;-)

But actually you only reveal one card at one position so ACAAN would equal to maximum two reveals. (except you are going to show every other card and go: "It's not this one... and not this one ...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...and not this one...")

If we go for probability it would be 16% if the amount of heads and tails that fall from a random coin toss not beeing considered. But because they are pre written you have to write the perfect amount of heads and tails onto the billets for the spectator to match up. I actually have no real idea how to calculate that ^^ but it would be substantially lower. I guess around 4-6 %. But I would be delightes if someone would do the math on this.

I have seen epic mentalism performances where the thing was 50/50 or 1 in 3. And I have seen ACAAN that bored me incredible Smile
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
Quote:

Still interested where you found out more info, magicmind...
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2621 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still interested where you found out more info, magicmind...

Source cannot be revealed. I answered questions, but you will have to wait until the others above buy their 20 sets for the ultimate prediction show!
Smile
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Source cannot be revealed 😂😂😂😂😅😂😅😁
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
According to Vanishing Inc. this requires some arts and crafts. How difficult is this to make up? My arts and crafts skills leave a lot to be desired!
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
Just bought the trick. Hope it won't go into the sock drawer. I'm a hobbyist that tends to do a lot of coin stuff. If it's not examinable, it's very risky as the magician leaves the paper slips on the table in front of the spectator. There's always that guy or kid that likes to grab for stuff. Going to have an out.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2621 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2022, Marc Edgar wrote:
According to Vanishing Inc. this requires some arts and crafts. How difficult is this to make up? My arts and crafts skills leave a lot to be desired!

Pretty sure its the writing on said slips of paper that is the ART/Craft portion.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2022, Gazoo wrote:
Just bought the trick. Hope it won't go into the sock drawer. I'm a hobbyist that tends to do a lot of coin stuff. If it's not examinable, it's very risky as the magician leaves the paper slips on the table in front of the spectator. There's always that guy or kid that likes to grab for stuff. Going to have an out.

I think these are probably best used as a demonstration of your precognitive/ influencing abilities 'in passing'. If you make it the main effect, those slips will generate much more scrutiny.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2022, Marc Edgar wrote:

As mentioned it is most likely the writing for "HEADS" "TAILS" will be the arts and crafts since the video shows such in a different language.
This is either going to be a BIG hit, because Mickael usually produces quality gimmicked effects or this is going to be his greatest disappointment release. I am hoping this is repeatable and a BIG HIT!🥳
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5886 Posts

Profile of videoman
The writing is definitely DIY. I think you get 3 ready made gimmicks along with extra materials and a template to make your own.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1940 Posts

Profile of Platt
Even though the coins are being tossed randomly at once and then put in front of the prediction, it's still a 50/50 proposition happening 3 times. Or 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8. Max Maven kills with his 1/4 probability B'wave. No reason 1/8 shouldn't do the same as it's well beyond random chance. I've always preferred things like 8 card brainwave to 1/52 full deck card tricks. Somehow, even though the probability is lower, it counter-intuitively can feel more impossible. I'd probably pick the predictions up and pocket them as you reveal each one.

If we go for probability it would be 16% if the amount of heads and tails that fall from a random coin toss not beeing considered. But because they are pre written you have to write the perfect amount of heads and tails onto the billets for the spectator to match up. I actually have no real idea how to calculate that ^^ but it would be substantially lower. I guess around 4-6 %. But I would be delightes if someone would do the math on this.

I have seen epic mentalism performances where the thing was 50/50 or 1 in 3. And I have seen ACAAN that bored me incredible Smile [/quote]
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'll always go back to Ian Rowland's wonderful 50:50 Fantasia. If you ever worried about the whole "just 50:50", take a look at his routine. It's so well done and properly created for suspense on just the one decision. It reinforced my beliefs about presentation and story. After all, it IS just 50:50, and yet there's so much riding on it, build-up of suspense, etc, that you have to appreciate that routines so often come down to what the spectators see in their heads, and not what's happening on the table.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Thank You, Brian and Nathan- Excellent points! Yes, Max Maven kills on these types of effects and I much prefer Twisted Sisters to Eight Card Brainwave over ACAAN effects. The counting in ACAAN routines just makes them sleepers.
This H&T Prediction appears to be magic for magicians or friends and family than it does come across as a worker even if it does pack flat, play big. - Especially with less and less people carrying coins around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL