The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Well put, Nathan!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5813 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Bwave kills if you do it as I do like Eugene Berger personally taught me.
Slays at every gig trust me Gaz.😊
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1441 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes it does, Gaz! 👍
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Bwave kills if you do it as I do like Eugene Berger personally taught me.
Slays at every gig trust me Gaz.😊

I always have Bwave in my wallet, but yours (or Eugene's) is a performance I would love to see.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Vernon personally taught me how to be grumpy.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5842 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Just like a few have already speculated, I too understand the working principle of the gimmick. IMO, this is very clever thinking on the part of the creator. However, as I visualize, one cannot allow the spectator to handle/inspect the prediction slips. This IMO, is a big drawback. Since, after the predictions are shown, all heat is now on those small billet like papers. Most spectators would be quite inquisitive to pickup the prediction papers. However, if the performer finds a way to dissuade the spectator from picking up the gimmick, then this will be a very good and powerful effect. IMO one's spectator management skills will not be of much help in this scenario.

Just my thoughts.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1441 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
That would be MAGICALLY grumpy!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5910 Posts

Profile of videoman
AFA as dealing with grabby or inquisitive specs, I’d show the first paper and put it away back in my wallet or pocket, then the same with the second one, but as you’re putting away the second one you get out a dupe matching the third one. A quick shuttle pass and you hand it to the spec and ask them to read what it says on the side they haven’t seen yet. So they get to examine it and should accept the other papers are legit too.

What added thing do you write on the third one? Well, that’s up to you but I know you can come up with something. 😃
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5842 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Videoman: I like your idea. But, being a close-up (very close) effect, the effect don't play as we would like it to. Today's spectators are most unpredictable and hence my worry. Smile

Nevertheless, thank you for your very workable suggestion. To start with, it would be worth giving it a try when performing for friends. Smile

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Ustaad I don't agree with you.

Normal people haven't heard of gimmicked slips of paper.

The only possible reasons why they would arouse suspicion is either if the gimmick was poorly made, or the performance poorly constructed.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
697 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
£30 no way, it's worth circa £10.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I’d be interested to see the get ready (if any) as you take the pieces out of the wallet to place on the table and if you need to do anything to them 1st before putting each on the table - maybe you don’t. Also you have to be careful where spectators are if not directly in front as if there are slightly to the side viewing the writing before each slip is pushed forward. I think you may have to be careful of spectator angle positioning/viewing
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, Papa Legba wrote:

You have it already? You know what materials it is constructed from? How the mechanism works? How much R&D went into it?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5842 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, Roberto W wrote:

I’d be interested to see the get ready (if any) as you take the pieces out of the wallet to place on the table and if you need to do anything to them 1st before putting each on the table - maybe you don’t. Also you have to be careful where spectators are if not directly in front as if there are slightly to the side viewing the writing before each slip is pushed forward. I think you may have to be careful of spectator angle positioning/viewing

I agree with you for being careful with regards to spectator's viewing angle. However IMO, based on the demo video, the spectator angle becomes more critical when they cross the side line. If the spectator is just on the side line, it would be a bit difficult to see clearly whats written on the slip (more so, at the very start of the routine, the spectator has no idea as to whats written on the slip). This is because of the placement of the prediction slip which is at an acute angle, including the writing on the slip. I have tried it using a rough paper and found it difficult to read. Also, the thicker the writing, the difficult to read from the sides. I have also found that, rather than drawing one line below the writing (as seen in the demo video), if two thick lines were drawn above as well as below the writing, it totally confuses the spectator looking form the sides. Just sharing my small experiment. Smile

A thought that just came to mind: Start writing 'HEADS'/'TAILS' on the slip starting at the upper angle of the slip and ending where the slip sits on its base. Thus, at the base of the the slip, the spectator can see (if he can) the letter 'S', irrespective of whether HEADS or TAILS is written. Hope that makes sense. Smile

Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1441 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I am still not seeing this as a worker but more as magic for magicians or friends and family, a "bar betcha" trick. And for $35 this is surely fooling magicians. 😆
Roberto W
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes that makes sense and actually just tried a rough replication out of interest to see if it made a difference and at what point the viewing angle could be an issue. Thicker text definitely helps and the last letter of both heads and tails is a ‘S’ too which helps.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, leipzisch wrote:

The only possible reasons why they would arouse suspicion is either if the gimmick was poorly made, or the performance poorly constructed.

"Normal people haven't heard of gimmicked slips of paper."
That statement may have been true (at least to a greater extent than today) in the days pre-internet, pre-social media, pre-YouTube, pre face book, pre etc. etc., but not anymore.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
Quote:

You have it already? You know what materials it is constructed from? How the mechanism works? How much R&D went into it?

In answer to your questions, no, no, no and no. My opinion as to value is based purely on the (less than wow) effect, and if they have put as much time and effort into its development as your questions could imply then IMHO they should have put more thought into final value. Better effects than this can be found free on You Tube.
Use the FORCE Luke.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
...but you haven't got your hands on it yet, so you can't fairly ascertain the value.

And I can see this as playing very strongly in the right hands.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
Quote:

"Normal people haven't heard of gimmicked slips of paper."
That statement may have been true (at least to a greater extent than today) in the days pre-internet, pre-social media, pre-YouTube, pre face book, pre etc. etc., but not anymore.

Don't agree.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HEADS & TAILS PREDICTION by Mickael Chatelain (Organic diabolical method that fools everyone!) (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL