The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pen thru dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
I wasn't sure were to put this so I put it here because it has "dollar" in its name. Anyway, I want to purchase a pen or pencil thru dollar effect but I'm not sure which one to get. My local magic shop has a few and Penguinmagic has three or four, so I'm wondering which one would you guys say is the best?
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
What kind does your magic shop carry?
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
Just Passin' Thru, B2 Bomber and the Stealth Pen
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Check out Eric Anderson and David Harkey's book Ah Ha for a really nice impromptu, gaff-less version of pen through bill.

C

P.S. After working in shops for the last seven years I like the Pen Penetration you can get this at http://www.Showplacemagic.com although I own the Perfect Pen.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I LOVE performing Jay Sankey's Dough! Completely impromptu and everything's examinable...it's great. I even stopped looking for the 'special' tip to my last pen through dollar and started doing this all the time! PM me for more info!

Daniel Santos
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Cool:

There are many threads in the archives that cover this subject. I recommend that you do a search. You'll find a ton of items described and opinions on them all.

BTW, I prefer the "Perfect Pen". It's all a matter of opinion. What someone may love others may hate. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. Smile

Lee Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
I think that the best pen thru bill effect is Doug Edwards "Wonder Penetration". Its not as widely available as it once was, but you can still get it through some of the major on-line dealers, like maybe ELM (Earths Largest Magic shop) or Daytona Magic. Its the cleanest one I've seen, and I've used in all my shows
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I personally use the Voodoo Pen. It comes with a great instructional video. The tips on the video are very valuable and will help you sell the illusion. The pen REALLY looks like it penetrates the bill and you pull the bil OUT, rather than slide it to the side. The Voodoo pen also "penetrates" more than certain other versions.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I still use "Pen Thru Anything". I think that's what it's called.
Mister Mystery
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use the Magic Pen Penetration made by Empire (Loftus). It works great and it's examinable. Most magic shops can get them easily enough.
InZen
View Profile
New user
Singapore
8 Posts

Profile of InZen
I own a double tip one. However the problem is with the ending. How do I steal the tip such that the pen is examinable at the end so that the audience can inspect it?
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
I like the 'Sharpie Thru Anything.' I was looking at it at my local magic shop the other day, and I liked the feel of it. Plus, a sharpie is something a lot of magicians carry, so it's perfect!

Does anyone use one of these?
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Magic Marty,

I own the "Sharpie Thru Anything" and find it excellent. It is very well made. It contains a very powerful m.... so when you pull out the Sharpie it sounds like you ripped through the bill. As you implied, a Sharpie, especially where you are from, is a very common object.

You do the bill penetration, switch the pen casually and then move on to another effect with a Sharpie, say signed card or something similar.

I love it.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pen thru dollar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL