We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Wedding Preformance (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mwilkinson147
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mwilkinson147
Hi all, thank you for having me here. Since I was a kid I have always had an interest in card magic. My friends and family all know me for having a few tricks up my sleave and always brings joy at any get-togethers.

Reason I am here, I get married in September 2023 and I want to do something special, something spectacular and doesn't necessarily need to invole cards. I envisage doing this trick after the ceremony/dinner so everyone has something to talk about when the eveing guest arrive.

I don't know where to start with this. I like the idea of using a forced prediction trick and could potentially use a pre recorded video to say to the guest " we was telling you this all along" kinda moment.

Any help, support or guidance would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where the best place to start. Also if you have any other ideas of what could make a good trick for the weeding please let me know

All the best
MATT
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
3037 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi Matt,
Welcome.!!!! At my wedding some years ago, I had (hired) a magician friend to perform walk around at the reception. He also did a short stand up routine involving my bride - The Floating Rose" The highlight was when my magian friend and myself performed a routine using D'Lites. We tossed the red lights back and forth, in and out of our ears and various manipulations. I have to tell you it was a "Hoot". Everyone loved it. It was very visual for ALL to see. When a conversation comes up about our wedding reception with people that attended, they always mention the red lights.

I personally didn't perform at our reception other than the D`Lite routine. I spent the time welcoming guests and paying attention to my wife.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. All the best.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
46 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Congratulations on the upcoming nupitials! I think something that would be most memorable is an act where you incorporate your bride into it. (Much like DavidPaul mentioned with a floating rose or some other romantic effect). You have time to get creative and practice it. Good luck!
Smile
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1063 Posts

Profile of Russo
Matt - sent a PM a while ago - ????????????????
optimisticfool
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of optimisticfool
I like the idea of recording a video prediction now and playing it a year later... maybe confabulation effect with your guests, and in the video you can take a few "pokes" at them too. Assuming you pick fun people like your close friends and family.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
New user
Henderson, NV
78 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I recommend Invisible Deck and involve several people with the card selection. You could have the ID in a manilla envelope in plain view the whole time before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Wedding Preformance (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL