The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations 1 - back in print (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1182 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I'm sure most on this forum are already familiar with Nick Trost's card work by now. However, if you're not, this book, Subtle Card Creations Volume 1 by H&R Magic Books, is a great introduction - and it's now back in print! 📖


This book is the first of nine planned volumes in the series that Nick laid out before he passed in 2008. Being the first book in the series, it has a very useful appendix of sleights in the back: an extra 50 pages of useful card moves, controls, shuffles, and counts.

If you don't already know this book, check out my review and see if it's something in which you'd be interested. If you do already know this volume, let's hear what some of your favorites are within its pages. 👇

https://youtu.be/FDAjKNWUD5A
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
231 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Really enjoyed the performance, thanks for making the video.

I've been on the lookout for this one for a while now but the prices being asked where well out of my range.

I also just noticed that vanishing inc are carrying this so I picked up a copy from there (works out better for me living in Australia, as if I spend enough I qualify for free shipping).

Looks like a nice book and I am looking forward to giving it a read.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1182 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2022, Dave Nic wrote:
Really enjoyed the performance, thanks for making the video.

I've been on the lookout for this one for a while now but the prices being asked where well out of my range.

I also just noticed that vanishing inc are carrying this so I picked up a copy from there (works out better for me living in Australia, as if I spend enough I qualify for free shipping).

Looks like a nice book and I am looking forward to giving it a read.

Awesome - enjoy!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Randa
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Randa
Thank you Jeff for this review , I bought one copy from Penguin Smile
Do you know if they will reprint all the serie ?
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1182 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2022, Randa wrote:
Thank you Jeff for this review , I bought one copy from Penguin Smile
Do you know if they will reprint all the serie ?

I don't know, but I do know from corresponding with Charlie Randall (the "R" in H&R Books) that they had all of them available as of a few days ago directly from H&R Magic Books. Hope that helps!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
54 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I believe the rest of the series is currently in available. If so, no reprint required. Smile
Ghost Counter
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
33 Posts

Profile of Ghost Counter
I was so disappointed that volume 1 had gone out of print as I had all of the others at the time up to volume 6. After emailing Charlie Randall at H&R recently I was so pleased to discover that it was to be reprinted. I have since added volumes 7 and 8 to my collection and I have ordered vol 1 from Vanishing Inc today. Over the moon!
Randa
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Randa
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2022, Dr. JK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2022, Randa wrote:
Thank you Jeff for this review , I bought one copy from Penguin Smile
Do you know if they will reprint all the serie ?

I don't know, but I do know from corresponding with Charlie Randall (the "R" in H&R Books) that they had all of them available as of a few days ago directly from H&R Magic Books. Hope that helps!


Thank you Jeff, I have bought some volume hard to find thanks to you Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations 1 - back in print (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL