We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all from Dallas, Texas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazingadan
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of amazingadan
Hey folks. I've lurked these boards for about a decade, and finally realized it was time to join.

My name is Adan (The Amazing Adan was the name of my 3rd Grade magic act). I'm based in Dallas right now, but before the pandemic I had spent about five years as an expat journalist in Shanghai.

I grew up doing magic on and off, nothing serious but doing some tricks for friends. Now that I'm older and more capable of directing social energy and attention, I'm having a lot of fun and success in places where I'd once struggled. I'm revisiting a lot of old, even cheesy, concepts in magic, and I'm really experiencing a pull towards mentalism. Outside of magic, I'm a certified Practitioner of NLP, and I spend a lot of time studying hypnosis, consciousness, etc., so the mentalism groove feels rather natural.

Last week, I used a $15 Amazon peek wallet to divine a name my mom was thinking of. I presented it as a psychological reading technique and totally floored her, she completely believed it.

All this to say, it feels like a lifetime of assorted, unfocused magical practice is now coming together into something solid.

So it's no wonder that now is the time I join the Café! Having lurked here for so long, I realize how deep folks' knowledge goes. I'm happy to finally engage directly. Nice to meet everyone!

PS While the subject line is written from my home base, I'm actually in London right now. I just visited International Magic Shop the other day and went home with some gems.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1743 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Welcome!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3737 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi Adan,

There's no such thing as "cheesy magic", only "cheesy magicians". Smile

Cheesy Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all from Dallas, Texas (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL