The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Internationalisation issues (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Most magic is performed and published in English. A lot of magic is language and culture independent. However, there are exceptions, where internationalisation is an issue. Most book tests with gimmicked books are available only in English. Coding systems often rely on the English language. It can be difficult to get gaffed coins or coin magic gimmicks that work with the local currency.

What I wish that magic publishers would do:

1) Make internationalisation a topic of the ad copy. "Works in any language", "works only in English", "works in English but can easily be adapted to other languages" are sentences I qould like to read in ad copies.

2) Provide international/intercultural options. If the prop has English words printed on it, provide stickers in other languages. If the prop is an English document (booklet, page, card...), provide PDFs in other languages so that the buyer can print their own prop.

3) In case you already do this, or if you want to address internationalisation issues, reach out to native speakers to help you with translation and proofreading.

In the past, I already redesigned props that I bought in German and had them printed for me, e. g. the "Backwards business cards" from the "Ultimate networking tool". I would happily volunteer to help magic publishers with translation or proofreading in German,and there might be othermagic lovers who would do this for other languages.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Internationalisation issues (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL