The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOARDING PASS by Mariano Goni (Create a memorable and 100% amazing impossibility - David Regal) (77 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
"Mariano Goni's "Boarding Pass" departs from the typical "I knew that" mentalism plot to create a memorable and 100% amazing impossibility that the spectator accomplishes herself, using a freely-named city. NO force. NO kidding. This is magic on jet fuel"
- David Regal

https://magicnf.com/2HOS

* The spectator scans their chosen boarding pass with their phone. Their named location (anywhere in the world) is revealed!

* You NEVER touch the spectator's phone. The boarding passes are in plain sight and examinable.

* So easy, your spectator can do it. NO Force. A true worker for mentalists and magicians.

ON PRESALE NOW. Release: April 25th

"Mariano's Boarding Pass is a very logical plot for QR code predictions. It's so clean looking too! Amazing!"
- Angelo Carbone

"Boarding Pass is an amazing effect! Mariano totally nailed it. I can't wait to perform it!"
- Hanson Chien
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Https://youtu.be/ZJupG6gSk7s

Very good thinking, just wondering how / when you input the information before the last scan. Speech recognition perhaps.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Perhaps but it looks very nice and clean!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Same as this in terms of input method. Apparently not speech recognition. Hmmm

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/now-iphone-ve......one.html
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
The input method for Now is very, very clever (though it has some limitations), and Mariano seems like a great guy (when I was considering Now, he very kindly spent time explaining to me how it worked so I could understand the pros and cons). Not entirely sure on the plot on this one -- as wouldn't any boarding pass normally have the destination in writing?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
It has several input methods. I've watched the tutorial and just waiting on the props.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
My only concern with this and with kids nowadays knowing just about everything there is to know with iPhone will they be able to figure this out pretty easily? I guess only some practice runs and time will tell. This looks extremely nice but I will wait on the review.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Hi all,

Most of you know me as a creator of tricks, others recently as a creator of apps, and some as a working professional magician.

My starting point in Magic was card Magic, but over the years I liked to present different and contrasting effects on my repertoire.
With BP, I felt (when I did it for people) that I captured their interest quickly.

By combining physical props that are completely under the control of the spectators and clever input methods that will fly by (and 100% effective) I believe this one fits all MY requirements:

* I don't have to remember complicated procedures (I already do for so a lot of tricks and apps!!)
* The plot has to be clear, but with a twist so it cancels logical solutions
* Take out and perform, with no setup, and no reset (if you work for tables...)

Regarding the tickets themselves, they don't have the passenger name or the destination on them.
My idea was to present them as "failure printed" tickets. Then I thought of the famous "last minute flights" thing that so many airports offer, which is a good presentation too.
You know, those flights where you don't even know where you are going until you are in the waiting line to board. When you buy these tickets for a low price, they hand them to you without passenger info.

Anyway, you are not claiming these are 100% real tickets! 90% of the people will think they are, and if you perform for some pilot or air worker, they will enjoy the effect just as much.

What's important here is that you present the three tickets, ask for a city, "input" ONLY that city, and the rest... is presentation, as the algorithm will take care of everything.

I don't create "apps", I create effects. And I try to make them solid and for real world magicians. I hope you like this and if you have any doubt, I'm willing to help, or wait for independent reviews. Smile
Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
When I had decided to stop buying Close-Up magic for a while to buy stage magic, a notification appears on my phone with this release.

It immediately captured my attention. The effect looks pretty good, and with the Mariano's name I'm sure this will be worth it.

I also develop magical applications (for personal use only, a long time ago I developed a book test that I didn't sell in the end), and occasionally I've had a conversation with Mariano. Mariano has always answered me and has been very attentive, he is also very friendly. I got excellent attention from him when I asking him about Defiance.

I don't want to start the endless controversy when Mariano releases something, but contrary to how friendly Mariano is, when I wrote to another developer about a problem with his product, he never even bothered to politely reply to my email.

I definitely won't buy anything from that developer again (their apps aren't bad, but their service sucks).

Mariano is very friendly and he is a real world worker, he has worked on stage, restaurant, Close-Up... he knows exactly what the spectators wants and what works.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release, thank you very much Mariano!

PS: If you read my post, I hope one day you will develop something like Teleth***, it was the only app (along with DFB) that I included in my set, but the developer forgot about it and it stopped working (if someone leaves his creation and support disappears, it's not bad to launch something functional, is it?).

Sorry for my English.

Magic greetings!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Can the audience use their own qr code reader and is the result a genuine Google maps image?
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Can the audience use their own qr code reader and is the result a genuine Google maps image?

Yes.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Thank you Mariano
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks great!
Is there an assistant helping in the demo performance though?
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
In the full performance, yes.In the rest of the performances no, different solo methods were used. But the solo methods are as well as effective because of the way the routine is structured. Instead of a phone to phone plot which creates a straight imaginary line "method" or solution, this has many curves and layers of deception.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2022, MarianoG wrote:
In the full performance, yes.In the rest of the performances no, different solo methods were used. But the solo methods are as well as effective because of the way the routine is structured. Instead of a phone to phone plot which creates a straight imaginary line "method" or solution, this has many curves and layers of deception.

Thank you for your honesty.
Difficult to know if the solo input will be effective enough without seeing it though.
I hope it is as I love the effect.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I appreciate the honesty here, but the uncut performance in the trailer should note that this is the version with an accomplice. Not mentioning this is borderline dishonest, and certainly misleading.

I'd also like to see an uncut performance of the solo version.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
I say so because I know the solo methods are just as good, easy and practical for you to actually enjoy performing this. Also that full performance will look exactly the same when you use other solo methods.

There is no point in trying to hide something to sell more, that's not my intention. Quite the contrary!

At the end, we will find what tricks live up to the hype or not Smile
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
...so why not show a full, uncut performance of the solo version in the trailer?
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Yes please too - full uncut solo performance so we can see how this looks and plays from a spectator perspective.
Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Why not show the entire blueprint and schematic and workings of the entire trick from a thought to finished product? 😂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOARDING PASS by Mariano Goni (Create a memorable and 100% amazing impossibility - David Regal) (77 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL