The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Recommended Books on Theatre Craft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2369 Posts

Profile of ddyment
An oft-repeated admonition to developing mystery entertainers is one to "learn about theatre": acting, directing, stagecraft, etc. But it's rare to see any specific recommendations by anyone who actually knows what s/he's talking about. There isn't even a Magic Café area devoted to this extremely important element of our art form!

Well, thanks to the generosity of theatre professional (and mystery entertainer) Bill VanGorder, I've now assembled a list of recommended books on the topic. It's freely available online at The Deceptionary. I hope you find it of value.
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at Vanishing Inc. and The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1182 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Is it only books in print? If not, I would advocate for Max Howard's Creating Theatrical Magic, which is another great resource from someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks for compiling this in one place, Doug - great list!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6911 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2022, Dr. JK wrote:
Is it only books in print? If not, I would advocate for Max Howard's Creating Theatrical Magic, which is another great resource from someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks for compiling this in one place, Doug - great list!

Why on earth would it matter if the book is "in print"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Recommended Books on Theatre Craft (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL