We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » History help for The Twist (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I am hoping that maybe possibly anyone might help with a bit of history on the effect called the Twist. I know many versions but I am looking for the originator of the one that was marketed specifically as the twist.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3734 Posts

Profile of Julie
Off topic: many years ago Chubby Checker selected me from the audience to do "the twist" with him onstage!

How's THAT for a claim to fame?

Julie
mantel
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of mantel
Vic Trabucco?
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Please describe the effect. Does the effect look like this (skip to 3:33 s)?

Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2022, SamChak wrote:
Please describe the effect. Does the effect look like this (skip to 3:33 s)?

This is a much later version of the twist. I learned one the first version of it way back in the late 70's early 80's. The Twist was actually so much more straight forward than this is. It really only relied on counting the cards and it worked nearly by itself. The plot was basically the cards turned over one at a time singly then all the backs would turn to four different designs.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 1 2019, Paul Richards wrote:
Vic Trabucco had one of the earliest versions that I’m aware of, it may be the first. His effect “Twist” appeared in Jerry Mentzer’s Card Cavalcade II, which was published in 1974.

For further info https://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=51546
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of martonikus
I know the trick as "Chameleon Backs" and it was published in the seventies as, if I recall correctly, "Fantastic Fours". Another variation is "Done With Mirrors". It has been available at least since the seventies but I don't know the prior history of the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NfX_5WmYDI
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
868 Posts

Profile of e-man
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2022, Julie wrote:
Off topic: many years ago Chubby Checker selected me from the audience to do "the twist" with him onstage!

How's THAT for a claim to fame?

Julie

Smile Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » History help for The Twist (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL