The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Very New Here - Looking for Good Homes For Some Vintage Items (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Hello All! I am a lifelong Chicagoland resident, currently in the far west suburbs. I am very new to The Café, just joined yesterday.

In my youth, I aspired to a career in magic. As a result, I saved my allowance and purchased as many of the "tools of the trade" I could afford. Many mail order items from SS Adams, Honor House, Captain Company, and MANY trips to "The Treasure Chest" in Chicago ( https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2019/......ore.html ) added to my collection.

Other than entertaining family and friends (and eventually my own children), my magic career never fully materialized Smile . I am now at a point in my life where I am downsizing. No knowing the best way to find the best audience, I reached out to a few folks I found via Google, and experimented with an ebay listing
Does this esteemed group have any other suggestions to help my items (including some items which I believe are pretty rare) find good homes? Please be kind, like I said I just joined yesterday Smile Maybe there is a sub-forum on The Café, where I should post these items (?)

Thanks in advance!!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1065 Posts

Profile of Russo
Just remember - both Seller AND Buyer = BEWARE.
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
341 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Hey delurk,

There is a sub forum for sellers, but you need at least 50 posts
to get access to it.
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks Fedora!

I doubt I will achieve the 50 posts necessary to gain access to that sub forum. Would I be violating any rules if I provide links to my ebay listings on this sub forum? I only have the one active now, but I will be adding more in the near future….

Thanks again!
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
341 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Hey delurk,

Although I'm not a moderator, I can tell you that
leaving links to auction sites to sale your products
is indeed against the Café rules of etiquette.

Most of the time when a person leaves a link to
a product they're selling it's removed swiftly.

Here's a recent discussion on selling products,
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=44
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks, Fedora.

I see the eBay link was removed in my original message. Hopefully I didn’t unduly disturb anyone. For now I guess I will stick with eBay and also check out Surplus Magic Exchange. I don't think I can achieve 50 legitimate posts to gain access to The Café’s selling sub-forum.

I do have another question. I have a few items that I have not been able to identify via Internet searches. They are for sure from the 60s-70s, and look a little like Mak Magic. One is a radio/television production box. The other is a re-appearing eyes in a temple idol trick. Is there a sub forum here where I can post pictures and ask for assistance in identifying?

Again, I don't want to bend or break any rules. Maybe this is explained somewhere in the FAQs, but I couldn’t find it. Thanks again!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1065 Posts

Profile of Russo
Often I've put in "google", name of Magic Effect and it would come up with a lot of explanations/identifying - if that helps ??
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks. I have tried that, and have had success with some items. But there remain a few mystery ones for which I don’t have names (and my descriptive words aren’t yielding any hits). I any case, thanks for the suggestion!
Fedora
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, usa
341 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Hey delurk,

The rules for selling is in the forum section a couple above this one,
titled, "when dining with us" and than, "magic transactions".

As for the product questions, if it's a production box I would ask in
the forum "boxes tubes and bags" someone there might be able to
identify it, might as well ask about the Idol to.

The only Idol related trick I'm familiar with is "eyes of the Idol" by tenyo.
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks!

Someone suggested the “eye” one might be “Eyes of Buddha” by U.F. Grant, but it sure is hard to find anything on the internet about it . Here is my video:
https://youtube.com/shorts/x3u3fRHK9Aw?feature=share

I will check the sub forum.

Thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Very New Here - Looking for Good Homes For Some Vintage Items (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL