The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FORECAST by Craig Petty & the 1914 (Instant recall of the position of ANY card in a memorized deck) (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Joint the world's TOP 1% of card magicians and mentalists!
They have INSTANT recall of the position of ANY card in a memorized deck!

Forecast By Craig Petty and the 1914
https://magicnf.com/2IZ0

* Master magician Craig Petty has taken an underused principle in card magic and created a monster masterclass demonstrating just how ridiculously powerful a memorized deck can be.

* Good for all skill levels. Perform instantly with the crib sheet and instructions, then gradually use the various routines to evolve into memorizing the full deck.

* 9 killer routines from Craig's personal set, plus a devious gimmick that is your safety net

On pressale now. Release: May 9th
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wow, Craig has been working hard.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Can the Aronson stack be used with this ?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
Can the Aronson stack be used with this ?

I’m sure Craig will jump on to answer any questions; but none of the effects or methods taught are stack dependent, you could even shuffle a deck into a random order and use that if you wanted!

DC.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
"Instant recall of the position of ANY card in a memorized deck"

Isn't that just the definition of a memorized deck?
eddie1
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
277 Posts

Profile of eddie1
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2022, Joe Roberts wrote:
"Instant recall of the position of ANY card in a memorized deck"

This is what I was thinking. Smile
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2022, Joe Roberts wrote:

Craig is a brilliant thinker! If you are familiar with programming languages like Java and Python, I think Craig's system works like a pointer that stores a memory address. So, the magician can recall the position of ANY card in a memorized deck with the help of a pointer. The pointer is openly displayed and the spectator cannot identify the pointer because it is protected with an encryption to prevent "unauthorized access". Only the magician who learns Craig's system, knows the encryption.

Forecast will allow any beginner or seasoned magician to perform some of their favorite tricks that requires specific stack system like Aronson Stack, Redford Stack, Tamariz Stack to achieve the desired effect without memorizing the stack itself.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This looks good. I really don't know a mem deck stack, but this seems like a good initial way to dive into it
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey everyone. Thanks for talking about forecast

The reason a lot of magicians do not memorise the memorised deck is because there is a high and steep learning curve. Once you have it memorised you then have to go out and rely on instant recall. This project attempts to change that. I start by talking about the different types of mem decks out there and how to actually memorise the deck and make sure it stays in your long-term memory as opposed to forgetting it. I also go through several full shuffles and force cuts that you can throw into your work

However the most important aspect of the project is the tricks. Three of the tricks are self working. Even though they use a Mem deck you don’t need to know the stack at all. These are really powerful routines that give you confidence to go out into a real performing situation and try out the stack without worrying about what happens if you forget.

The next three routines use a gimmick that is included in the project. The gimmick hides in plain sight and is incorporated into the routine in a very natural way. This allows you to be able to check the memorisation of the deck in real time. It also means that the routines do not require instant recall which means that very easy to do with a gimmick.

The remaining routines do require instant recall and are three of the strongest routines that I perform in my act. The idea is by presenting a series of tricks the learning curve becomes gradual instead of steep. It’s basically a zero to hero with the memorised deck

Nothing on the project to stack dependent and there is I think over five hours of performances and explanations. It’s basically everything I know and I think other people need to know about this subject and you’re getting all of my best work with this tool.

I hope that makes sense but if you have any questions please let me know
mrree1078
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mrree1078
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2022, SamChak wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2022, Joe Roberts wrote:

Craig is a brilliant thinker! If you are familiar with programming languages like Java and Python, I think Craig's system works like a pointer that stores a memory address. So, the magician can recall the position of ANY card in a memorized deck with the help of a pointer. The pointer is openly displayed and the spectator cannot identify the pointer because it is protected with an encryption to prevent "unauthorized access". Only the magician who learns Craig's system, knows the encryption.

Forecast will allow any beginner or seasoned magician to perform some of their favorite tricks that requires specific stack system like Aronson Stack, Redford Stack, Tamariz Stack to achieve the desired effect without memorizing the stack itself.

From my understanding the python or java languages do not use pointers as there is no need for them. But I see where you are going with your theory how the trick works though.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
This will definitely be worth getting as anything that Craig releases is very good & extensive.
He always gives A lot of bang for buck .
He goes out of his way to give you the best & as I have had an interest in memorised decks for many years since sitting opposite David Berglas in his home in Barnet & getting absolutely wiped out with his ACAAN , I will be getting this .
My preferred stack ( even though I have had both Simons & Tamariz is the 6 hr Memorised Stack by Martin Joyal.
A side note is that for me ( as a working pro.) is that you only need a handful of GOOD mem. deck routines to work in the real world as you ain’t got time to do 37 spelling effects & 93 gambling routines at each group of people.
I think Craigs 9 effects will definitely be very & more than hit the target .
Another great release by Craig ( I think ) which I WILL be getting as soon as it hits my local MagicBox .
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Can the Boris Wild stack be used?
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
This looks like a fascinating project, but surely any memorised deck routine is only as good as your false shuffle.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On May 2, 2022, D J Hawkins wrote:
This looks like a fascinating project, but surely any memorised deck routine is only as good as your false shuffle.

It depends on the routine; but to be safe, one of the lessons in this project is dedicated to false shuffles and cuts.

DC.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 1, 2022, mike donoghue wrote:
This will definitely be worth getting as anything that Craig releases is very good & extensive.
He always gives A lot of bang for buck .
He goes out of his way to give you the best & as I have had an interest in memorised decks for many years since sitting opposite David Berglas in his home in Barnet & getting absolutely wiped out with his ACAAN , I will be getting this .
My preferred stack ( even though I have had both Simons & Tamariz is the 6 hr Memorised Stack by Martin Joyal.
A side note is that for me ( as a working pro.) is that you only need a handful of GOOD mem. deck routines to work in the real world as you ain’t got time to do 37 spelling effects & 93 gambling routines at each group of people.
I think Craigs 9 effects will definitely be very & more than hit the target .
Another great release by Craig ( I think ) which I WILL be getting as soon as it hits my local MagicBox .

Thank you so much. This really means the world to me.

Can’t wait to hear what you think!!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 2, 2022, Philippe wrote:
Can the Boris Wild stack be used?

As long as it’s a stack that allows you to know the stack position when you hear the card and Visa Versa them any stack can be used.

No problem at all.

Hope that helps.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 2, 2022, D J Hawkins wrote:

Actually I think that some mem deck routines are ruined by too many false shuffles. It seems that some performers will shuffle non stop throughout a trick to try and convince their audiences that everything is normal. Think about performing a trick with a shuffled deck. Many times you will just go into a selection procedure and not bother with a shuffle. It’s basically running when you aren’t being chased.

I talk about using false cuts and false shuffles and how they should be used sparingly throughout routines. A lot of the routines are designed so that no shuffling is required at all. In fact if the cards were shuffled it would lessen the impact of the routine.

Having said all that there is a section on the download where I talk about some of my favourite false cuts and shuffles and explain them in detail.

I hope that helps.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
When is this available?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 2, 2022, Doric wrote:
When is this available?

It’s available to pre-order now from all good dealers. It is officially released on the 9th of May.

Hope that helps.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Thanks Craig, I've always struggled to learn a mem deck so maybe this is for me 😀
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FORECAST by Craig Petty & the 1914 (Instant recall of the position of ANY card in a memorized deck) (23 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL