The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pit Hartling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Hocus Pocus is also selling this video.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This video was "the Pits". Smile

:dancing:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I haven't seen the video but I loved the lecture notes
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
"This video was "the Pits"."

I hope I can be in "the Pits" then. Pit Hartling is the man. The material is 100% gold. Chameleon wasn't in the notes, but was in The Book. I really don't know what else to say that hasn't been said about how great everything Pit does happens to be.
Joshua 24:15
neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
The video is awesome. Every effect on there is really good. I love the cupid effect. I really enjoyed everything on this video. I am a Pit fan.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Pit is awesome.........and funny
The heinz was a great routine but all that aside
I trust whatever he puts out
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I highly recommend the video for sure - I do triathlon and it's a killer! It gets great reactions - especially from magicians!
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Why not buy the notes instead. I think they are still available from H&R magic books. If you don't want to sit through a "yawnsome" performance then why not get the benefit of the material and put YOUR personality on it!!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
"The Fortune Teelling Prediction is one of the Cornerstones of Pits Heinz Act and actually the only real magic, otherwise it is a comedy-routine"

Again it seems that inspiration for this effect is from Al Baker, in his big book he has trick that could be used to create the method, I don't say more.
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
Triathlon is great, but you can't do it instantly with a borrowed deck, at least the way he teaches it.

You need to know at least the color of the last card. If not, you would need two runs: firt one to look for 25/26 cards, and then the second to "Epitome Locate" it.
I think the key in this effect is that you don't spend too much time looking at the cards. However, in that case, there is a time misdirection as you are looking for a thought card, and that's pretty hard Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-07-02 12:59, S.Segal wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-07-02 12:11, maxrubin wrote:
"Talented Magician, but this video was a real zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!"

Thanks for the review. I won't get it now.

Hmmm... basing your decision to not buy this becuase "MagicChris" felt his performance was a bore is not good... Honestly, as you can see from EVERYONES postings, the MATERIAL being offered on this tape is top notch. I really think you should reconsider...

It's called sarcasm buddy.
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi, by the way Pit does not use the colorseparation anymore and just does it from a shuffled deck.

Best

Stefan
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
So he just goes through the cards counting all black cards (f.e)? This way, in 10 seconds, you know if the missing card ir red or black.
At least that's the way I do it from a shuffled deck. Then I do the Epitome Location on red cards or black cards.
I spend 30 seconds to count 25 cards. A little bit more if I interrupt the counting to make some comment to the spectator.

In the Little Green lecture Tape, it's amazing that in less than 15 seconds, he knows the card !! To me that's just incredible, as I spend too much time yet.

Can someone give me some tips to speed up the counting? (besides rehersal:D )
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
I would like some tips as well

thanks

that's impossible
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi,

since for Triathlon you have to go through the deck twice, he does the epitomy location first with the blacks and if there is no card missing he does it with the reds on the second run through!

Best

Stefan
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
And how does he knows that a card is missing with Epitome? If a 10 is removed, then you get the same result than if the deck was complete. (with epitome base 10)

as I explained above, it's faster to count how many red cards are in the deck, and then proceed with Epitome once you know the colour of the missing card.

I'm wrong?

Carlos
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Sounds like a good idea!

Whatever works best for you! Smile
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Anyone know where to get the Chameleon gaff Pit use?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pit Hartling (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL