The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Family health insurance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1092 Posts

Profile of Nash
My wife used to have great health benefits from her work, but now that we agree she'll be a stay at home mom come Aug. that responsibility will fall to me Smile

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but curious to see if anyone is also providing for their family health insurance and have particular suggestions on how to get one, which ones to get, little details to pay attention to?
Smile
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate event magician
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2917 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Yo. When my wife had our first baby I was the sole breadwinner with magic and insurance.

I went through the marketplace, but that was back when the marketplace was just getting started. That's probably where you're going to find the best self-bought solutions, but I could be wrong.

The plan we had was awesome and just what we needed. I have no idea what they are like now.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20833 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It will vary drastically by state.

Are you set up as a company and can purchase it that way?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2862 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Before she leaves, she should check with her company to see if she can keep her policy. Sometimes you can keep your policy at a higher rate but that rate could be less than if you started all over. Maybe worth looking into.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.--Robert Brault
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20833 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Check the laws in the state you live in.

There are many options available but without knowing your particular state and exactly what coverage you’re looking for the question is very tough to answer for you.

Yes I have a lot of years of experience with this both before and after 2010 and the ACA. Your question needs to be far more detailed though to help.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Family health insurance? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL