The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where can one acquire a chiffon type "silk"for Ammar Coins through silk? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gourdini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of gourdini
Where can one acquire a chiffon type "silk"for Ammar Coins through silk? - So far I have checked eBay and the Ammar website- I'm specifically looking for a white silk so it will not clash with any of my attire- sorry for my ignorance- I'm coming off a long lay-off
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
How big does it have to be? Most magic dealers have silks in tons of colors, like this one: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8075
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
What you're looking for is sheer chiffon. Amazon has a number of scarves made out of that material.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Https://www.amazon.com/Satinior-Chiffon-......&sr=8-15

This is the one I sent for and like it. Check out the size. You have a selection of colors also.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
The one I use was a thrift-store find - actual silk. It was part of a hat and they would not sell it separately, so I had to pay $3.00 for the whole thing.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a few of the actual ones Michael Ammar sold on his site that I use. However, I snagged a book on juggling with some hacks sack type balls and a red, a blue and a yellow that work too (they are 12” x 12”). The plus is… they have hems which is the hardest part of a DIY with the material you can get at a fabric shop. Here is the set I got (I got it at a local store). You can also google juggling scarves and find many sources.

https://www.google.com/search?q=learn+to......Y_yVANPM
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 13, 2022, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I have a few of the actual ones Michael Ammar sold on his site that I use. However, I snagged a book on juggling with some hacks sack type balls and a red, a blue and a yellow that work too (they are 12” x 12”). The plus is… they have hems which is the hardest part of a DIY with the material you can get at a fabric shop. Here is the set I got (I got it at a local store). You can also google juggling scarves and find many sources.

https://www.google.com/search?q=learn+to......Y_yVANPM

Too late to edit. The balls are hacky sac type and the “red, blue & yellow” are silks that work for the coin routine.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
They sell juggling silk separately, although it looks like you have to buy a few.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
As always, Dan Ford pretty much nailed it. Done Deal.

Dan.....You Da "DD" Man!
gourdini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of gourdini
Thanks for all the responses! Problem solved -
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Thanks @Dan Ford. I just bought two white scarves based on your Amazon recommendation. They are great for many effects, not just the Ammar Coins Thru Silk routine. Thanks again for sharing!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
You are welcome!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where can one acquire a chiffon type "silk"for Ammar Coins through silk? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL