The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Book effects (but not a test) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DennisChester
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DennisChester
Hello! I have been a hobby guy for years, dabbling in a little bit of everything, but stuck mostly with mentalism. I recently received a beautiful antique book as a gift and would like to use it in a trick, but do not wish to add another book test to my repertoire. Any ideas for effects on the market or existing in literature somewhere to start my creative juices flowing? I really have no idea where to start.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Carisa Hendrix has an effect where a book is named and it appears in an empty bag. I don't know if it's for sale.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9521 Posts

Profile of funsway
There must be some some pithy passages in the book. Perhaps a chose photo vanished and is found in the book
to reveal a key paragraph that suggest another magic effect to perform. Actually, your entire show could be guided by apparently random selections.

Depending on the book's size, it can be held by a spectator as mini-table for an Okito Box and many effects.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
DennisChester
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DennisChester
Thank you both, I will use your ideas to start searching and see where I end up!
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
72 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Quote:
On May 13, 2022, landmark wrote:
Carisa Hendrix has an effect where a book is named and it appears in an empty bag. I don't know if it's for sale.

It is described in her penguin live act:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12563
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Book effects (but not a test) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL