The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Plotting Astonishment by Theron Christensen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickbooks
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of trickbooks
On *Plotting Astonishment* - as part of a special magic project in which I've been engaged, I had the great opportunity to meet Theron Milo Christensen, a brilliant, young magic thinker. Together with Kyle Purnell, another talented inventor, we had one of the best late night creation sessions ever. Theron introduced us to his book, *Plotting Astonishment*, which is a remarkable achievement. The book focuses on the process for creating magic, including very clear suggestions for how to guide your thinking, reading, research and experimentation. And the work includes a half-dozen effects -- not a handful of card maneuvers -- but well-developed pieces of original stage illusion. This is a rare gem. The illustrious Martin Lewis said the following about *Plotting Astonishment*:

"I am often asked where I get my ideas from, and I always reply that creativity can be learned. Which brings me to Theron Christensen’s book 'Plotting Astonishment.' In this book, Theron delivers an excellent roadmap to creativity. He has done all the heavy lifting for you and leads you towards creating your own original magic with clear and concise insights, exercises, key concepts, and real world examples. I have been creating magic for fifty years and wish I had this book when I first started. It would have saved me a whole lot of time.
It puts into words what I learned the hard way."

--Martin Lewis

That's no small praise. Having ripped through this wonderful tome, I couldn't agree more. Those interested can find it at the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Plotting-Astonish......71220277

Gary Brown
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1171 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Agreed that it's a good book! I reviewed this one a while ago - for anyone needing a 2nd opinion, I hope this helps convince you of its value!

https://youtu.be/ddIN3yq-UFs
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Plotting Astonishment by Theron Christensen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL