The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Success rate (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
I ve tried several time hand stick effect but failed. I wonder how usually hypnotism fail
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
If you don’t know how to hypnotize probably quite often. If you are an experienced skilled hypnotist pretty rarely. If you approach it as an effect you’ll probably have a low response ratio. Hypnosis is not a (magic) effect .
me4
View Profile
New user
New york / Utah
11 Posts

Profile of me4
In order to get a high success rate hypnotists usually perform a simple act of hypnosis for the entire audience (ex. sticking hands together making arms float up etc.) and then call the people who were most affected up onto the stage to be fully hypnotized. this method prevents a situation where you call someone up onto the stage only to find out they are insusceptible to hypnosis.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He never said he was doing a show. His failure rate will be quite high.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
me4
View Profile
New user
New york / Utah
11 Posts

Profile of me4
Indeed. but this trick can be used on any group of people that he is performing hypnosis for. even just a group of 3 or more friends. it is true that in that case the failure rate will still be high but this method can be used to at least decrease the number of failures by a little bit.

How many times have you tried it? if you have tried it many times and still always fail you are probably doing something wrong. I recommend doing some research and learning proper technique. of course there are many different approaches so I recommend experimenting and finding the one that works best for you. personally I favor rapid inductions.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, me4 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
He never said he was doing a show. His failure rate will be quite high.

indeed. but this trick can be used on any group of people that he is performing hypnosis for. even just a group of 3 or more friends. it is true that in that case the failure rate will still be high but this method can be used to at least decrease the number of failures by a little bit.

Yea here is the problem. His friend . His friends know he isn’t a hypnotist. They have an idea ego and what he is. So as long as that exists the success rate will indeed be zero.

Hypnosis is all about what people think and more specifically what they think about you. Trying to learn hypnosis on your friends is really a fools errand.

Everything with this approach is completely wrong. Hypnosis is not some trick regardless of how much people want it to be.

If one insists on doing these things use the buddy magic stuff that will work like the eyelids or any of the hundreds of other things. The arm raising is pretty good also.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
me4
View Profile
New user
New york / Utah
11 Posts

Profile of me4
Yea here is the problem. His friend . His friends know he isn’t a hypnotist. They have an idea ego and what he is. So as long as that exists the success rate will indeed be zero.

Hypnosis is all about what people think and more specifically what they think about you. Trying to learn hypnosis on your friends is really a fools errand.

Everything with this approach is completely wrong. Hypnosis is not some trick regardless of how much people want it to be.

If one insists on doing these things use the buddy magic stuff that will work like the eyelids or any of the hundreds of other things. The arm raising is pretty good also. [/quote]
You are correct. I should not have mentioned friends. But what I said holds true for a group of strangers.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea except for what you said, you were 100% correct.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Nothing to do with your relationship to the people involved, irrelevant. Actually it's less about what the subject is thinking or feeling and way more about the Hypnotist and your INTENT. Let's give you something lacking often from discussion groups, here's a technique that will improve success with a hand stick to a table or wall. I got this from Reg Blackwood and have enhanced it very little.
Get them to put their hand flat on tell them to 'Press firmly'.
Tell them to; 'push your thumb against the service as hard as you can, and while you're pressing it down, try and lift it up'.
Do exactly the same for each finger in turn, then tell them to do it with the whole hand.
The the Challenge; 'Now notice as you TRY and lift your hand, the more you try the hard it becomes stuck solidly to that surface.'
In my experience it will bring your success rate up beyond any of the above.... ar there any techniques above? ;-)
Hope this helps
#SmilesJonC
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Apologise for any typos, getting old LOL
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You mean to say you tell them to try to lift their hands while they are pushing the wall? Or are you pushing their hand?

There are far better buddy magic tricks that can be used to much greater success. 100% success as a matter of fact.

I have never found the hand stuck the least but interesting anyhow. Again there are much better demonstrations to do which are far more visual and won’t fail.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On May 14, 2022, Chris.k wrote:
I ve tried several time hand stick effect but failed. I wonder how usually hypnotism fail

A better demonstration of these types of phenomenon is to not approach it as hypnosis at all.

Pendulum work looks great and gets a better reaction from a group of people as it is way more visual than the stuck hand effect.

Just look up pendulum effects.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not framing it as hypnosis is a great idea for a myriad of reasons. One of which is “failure” does not look like failure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
Not framing it as hypnosis is a great idea for a myriad of reasons. One of which is “failure” does not look like failure.

I completely agree with that, I actually.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:
You mean to say you tell them to try to lift their hands while they are pushing the wall? Or are you pushing their hand?

There are far better buddy magic tricks that can be used to much greater success. 100% success as a matter of fact.

I have never found the hand stuck the least but interesting anyhow. Again there are much better demonstrations to do which are far more visual and won’t fail.

Can you suggest some ?I recently tried some Pseudo Hypnosis and it work great but as for real hypnosis I will try psychic surgery I did for a friend while back and it mostly worked
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I’m out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2023, Chris.k wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2022, Dannydoyle wrote:

Can you suggest some ?I recently tried some Pseudo Hypnosis and it work great but as for real hypnosis I will try psychic surgery I did for a friend while back and it mostly worked

I take it you are speaking of Aaron Alexander's material on Ellisionist?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Seems many are trying to offer you actual hypnosis advice and you are seeking tricks and pseudo magicians stuff. So which are you looking for real information and advice about hypnosis or pretend hypnosis? I'm not familiar with Aaron Alexander or his materials.

Psychic Surgery will not convince anyone you know anything about hypnosis (not to mention being illegal in areas). Seems like a lot of magician's thinking on fake hypnosis. I agree with Danny if it's fake, pretend, pseudo hypnosis you want, I too would be out.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It should also be talked about in a different section entirely.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I was not attempting to offer advice, I was merely enquiring if the OP was alluding to the item being sold on Ellusionist. It is advertised with "No hypnotic inductions. No pre-show. It's what Aaron calls 'real magic'... and they really feel it." Danny, this may be the correct area for this to be discussed. Aaron's routine, using waking suggestions, is not a good learning tool.
With the knowledge and experience between both you and Mindpro, perhaps a better direction to learn and understand the process instead of the superficial instructions being sold?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Success rate (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL