The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Keymaster (2022 Version) by Craig Petty & Penguin Magic (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, videoman wrote:
Thanks for all the great replies to my question so far.
You have all given me much food for thought.
I’m not sure I’ll even be able to keep using my cut keys now! 😃

The other thing to think of is that if you are using uncut Keys you have the potential to do a routine where keys become cut almost like a wild coin style routine but with keys. You can perform all your routines with uncut keys and then using a spellbound move magically cut them at the end. You would probably need a second key master set to do this but it is food for thought
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Would love to know where to purchase an easy open key fob I have looked and cannot find any??
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 25, 2022, Daren wrote:
Would love to know where to purchase an easy open key fob I have looked and cannot find any??

The one I use is years old. However when Ryland does Keymaster he uses a really awesome fob that’s better than mine. I even got myself one as a spare.

Here’s the link.

PPFISH Titanium Heavy Duty Carabiner Keychain Clip, EDC Quick Release Hooks with Titanium Key Ring Set for Men Women https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09V9ZC3D1/r......F8&psc=1
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:

Maybe Craig can post the link to the one he uses?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On May 25, 2022, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:

The one I use is years old. However when Ryland does Keymaster he uses a really awesome fob that’s better than mine. I even got myself one as a spare.

Here’s the link.

PPFISH Titanium Heavy Duty Carabiner Keychain Clip, EDC Quick Release Hooks with Titanium Key Ring Set for Men Women https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09V9ZC3D1/r......F8&psc=1

ah perfect thanks Craig
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Excellent - I will order as well.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
The other thing you can do is order pro Flite by Nick Einhorn. It’s perfect for Keymaster and you also then have access to an awesome Ring Flight routine. I think the same would be true of Flite by Ellusionist but I haven’t tried that.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I picked this up and it is indeed great. Nice props and I'm working my way through the tutorials now. As always with Craig, everything is very thorough.

My one issue is that these longer video tutorials, while very detailed, have no navigation. Working my way through 2+ hours of material would be so much easier if it were broken down into chapters that I could click through to. This is what Henry Harrius does with his products and it makes the learning process a lot more manageable, especially when I want to just go back and refresh my memory on something without scrolling through to find the right spot.

That said, it's a great project and I'm already brainstorming ideas inspired by Craig's work.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It's actually not super easy to find the right Key Fob anymore.
The item Craig said he son uses seems to be a carabiner with a standard spiral keyring attached to it but if the carabiner is small enough I guess the keys will thread on to it.
Ellusionist's "Flite" (I'm a big fan) would not work for this.
I have ordered this key "cable" link below. I don't know if this link will work and it's US but if you search for Keyring cable you will see what I mean. Good luck
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKYJJBS/ref......PXRydWU=
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of markthemagician
Thanks for posting the key fob ink…definitely not easy to find. I’m really excited about learning this. I’m working on the moves now. Thanks, Craig. I think this will stun people if I can get the routine down smoothly.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Quote:

Do a search for pull and twist key ring, either Google or EBay.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Personally, I prefer these s-binder clips as they are easy on and easy off, and come in various sizes while locking easily to prevent loss. Here is my collection of key magic attached by said clips. I can take any or all of these depending on the situation. The case is for ipod earbuds but fits a TT and whatever else magical that fits.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I have Keymaster Chrome. In order to show the hole that transports in the first phase, you need to use a sticky black dot or similar.

This is then disposed of and a new one applied for the next performance.

Is this the case for the new version?

I'm looking for a gimmick allowing me to show the hole, make it disappear and reuse the same gimmick for the next group.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 26, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
I have Keymaster Chrome. In order to show the hole that transports in the first phase, you need to use a sticky black dot or similar.

This is then disposed of and a new one applied for the next performance.

Is this the case for the new version?

I'm looking for a gimmick allowing me to show the hole, make it disappear and reuse the same gimmick for the next group.

I haven’t seen the chrome edition. It had nothing to do with me. In the new version there is no need to use any gimmicked holes. You simply show the keys and show there is a hole in both of them. You then see the hole come off and go into the other key and then go back onto the stem. You don’t need any extra gimmicks.

I’m the original version I showed an idea called ghost hole which used a piece of a hole. The chrome edition might use the same idea. The problem is the those hole idea was overkill and not needed. It’s like trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. It’s totally not needed. It’s why it wasn’t included in the new version. Plus the new version has multiple routines that uses the keys in totally different ways.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Thanks for the swift reply, Craig. Really helpful.

Just to clarify: when you say 'you then see the hole come off', presumably this is implied (the thumb covering the hole area apparently 'pulls off' the hole)?

Or does the audience actually see a hole in that key, as with ghost hole? Cheers 😊
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
Thanks for the swift reply, Craig. Really helpful.

Just to clarify: when you say 'you then see the hole come off', presumably this is implied (the thumb covering the hole area apparently 'pulls off' the hole)?

Or does the audience actually see a hole in that key, as with ghost hole? Cheers 😊

Yeah it’s implied. If you really want to let the audience see the hole (and seriously it’s not needed) I would use a dry wipe marker and draw a hole on that you can just rub off. This would look awesome on brass keys. In fact Eric Tait used this idea on a recent Instagram video for Penguin. You might want to check it out.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
That's a clever idea. Why am I not surprised?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
That's a clever idea. Why am I not surprised?

Lol! I have the advantage that I’ve been working with this thing for almost 15 years! Nothing like flight time!!!!!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Fair point. But not everyone who works with a set of props for fifteen years comes up with 73,296 ideas for how to use them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Keymaster (2022 Version) by Craig Petty & Penguin Magic (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL