The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind or Banachek? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
I don't know which to buy---the Osterlind DVD set or the new Banachek DVDs? If you guys heard any thing about them, let me know.

six
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
Both! I love the Osterlind set, which by far is my favourite.

I do not, of course, have the Banachek set yet, but if I know Banachek then they shall be excellent.

If you only want to buy one set, due to the price or whatever, how about two of the Richard Osterlind DVDs and two of Banachek?
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2007 Posts

Profile of David Numen
The Banachek DVDs have yet to be released, although I'm sure they will be to his usual high standard.

You will, however, find plenty of threads on the Osterlind DVDs. Comments are almost universally positive. I, for one, think they are the best such product in mentalism today. So there!

Regards,

David.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Good idea. Thanks. I got off the phone with a friend who said he has the Osterlind and will lend them to me, so I can see it first.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
SIX,

His name is Osterlind, NOT Osterland.

And his DVDs is by far the best I've seen so far. Can't say much about Banachek DVDs as they are not out yet. But mark my words: buy the Osterlind set, you wont regret it.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
scotty76
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of scotty76
I have all the Osterlind DVDs and would highly recommend all of them. Richard's performance style is a pleasure to watch as well.

I also have Banachek's PK Silverware which is also excellent, I'm looking forward to receiving his new DVDs.

I know it's hard on the wallet, but it saves my girlfriend spending my hard earned cash.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1180 Posts

Profile of Banachek
I would suggest Osterlind's set since they came out first, then later mine. Smile Can't go wrong with Richard's stuff.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
You see, when I saw that Banachek had posted on this thread, I was expecting a good old fashioned shoot out like in the old west!

Alas, he has been the gentleman that he always is.

The Osterlind DVDs are fantastic! I am sure that Banachek's DVDs will be equally as impressive, and I hope they do get into a good old fashioned shoot out with follow up DVDs trying to outdo each other. Smile

Good luck with the launch, Banachek!
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Your question should've been "Which set will I buy FIRST!"

If you're serious about performing and the art of mentalism in general, you must have these!

So buy the Osterlind DVDs first, since they are already out, then, in a few weeks, after Banachek's DVDs have been sold out and reordered, get those.

Just to hear these guys speak about mentalism and their performing and creating experience, is worth the price of the set!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Osterlind's Mind Mysteries will be one of the best set you'll own. Banachek's set will make that two! Osterlind and Banachek are the best out there and both are true gentlemen of our art.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Even if you excluded all the routines in Osterlind's four DVDs and was let "only" with the conversations with Jim Sisti and all the hints, advices and philosophies, they would be worth the price. So just imagine what a gold mine you actually get by buying these.

On the background of what I have of Banachek's work from before, I knew that it would be now gambling to pre order his DVDs before I read the reviews.

So I did. And so should you. But get Osterlind's first.

I love the material in Osterlind's DVDs, and almost can't wait to see Banachek's.

I know they will be great (and without Gary McCambridge's participation Smile )

Sven
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1180 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Osterlind has just finished a second set of DVDs, and guess what---I hear Max Maven has just finished a new DVD as well.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I am going to be totally skint by the end of this year. Smile
oxygen
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
186 Posts

Profile of oxygen
Quote:
On 2004-06-29 18:09, Banachek wrote:
Osterlind has just finished a second set of DVDs and guess what, I hear Max Maven has just finished a new DVD as well.

No! Please no!

Solution n°1: buying a winning lottery ticket in the next three months (quite easy for a mentalist, isn't it?).

Solution n°2: Mr. Banachek selling me is four DVDs set for only 10 bucks.

Solution n°3: convincing my family by a verbal work, that it is Christmas every week end of July and August.

Solution n°4: working, waiting, knocking my head on the computer screen as I read other's reviews.

Guess which one I'll choose...
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2004-06-29 18:09, Banachek wrote:
Osterlind has just finished a second set of dvd's and guess what, I hear Max Maven has just finished a new dvd as well.

*Rubbing my hands together*
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
Quote:
On 2004-06-29 18:29, salsa_dancer wrote:
I am going to be totally skint by the end of this year Smile

Me, too.

Reminds me of the old joke when a magician says to his friend, "Joe, you gotta help me, I need $1000 for my wife, she's in hospital". He says, "I'd give you the money, but I'd be afraid you would spend it on magic".

"No, Joe, you don't understand, money for magic I got..."
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
You guys said it! Jimminy, I haven't even got Videomind yet, now I hear Maven is coming out with a new one! I just ordered Mind Mysteries recently and Osterlind's gonna have a new set out! So lemme see, gotta get Videomind and the new one, plus Banachek's and the new Osterlind set...

So much for that new car...

Smile
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Banachek, I bet if Osterlind was back from NYC, he would thank you for the kind words then recommend your DVD set. Smile
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
He's in NY. I did not hear of that. Is he lecturing? If so let me know asap.
Thanks.

I was talking to a rriend and he was saying bad things about Osterlind, because he said everything he did used the stack. Is this true?
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Osterlind doesn't always use the Breakthrough Card System.

Anyway. all I know is that he took a trip to the NYC. I don't know if he is lecturing or not!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind or Banachek? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL