The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Unusual close up case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
378 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Looking for ideas for an unusual close up case; ideas I've heard suggested: cigar box, pool cue case..any others - looking for really off the wall ideas - something that stands out and is different and might even make people ask "whats in the case?"
any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated-thanks.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Doctor's Bag.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Used violin case?
One of those hollow books(Made of wood, opens up like a box.)?
A small wooden treasure chest?
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I love the coffin case, that's great!

Not sure if this is a good idea, but people will either ask about it or call the cops!!! Try some kind of Aluminum case (see below) and a Radiation Decal:
http://www.speedysigns.com/decals/graphic_decal_5648.htm

A few cases:
http://www.casesbymasco.com/index.asp?bhcp=1
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I was in Target the other day, and saw a very nice looking Treasure Chest, but it was a smaller one (not too small mind you, but a good size for magic).
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use a leather doctors-type bag that was handmade.
I'll try to take some pix.

It has two internal sides with a divider in the middle.
The divider is a zipper'd compartemnt.

The best thing about a doctors bag is that you can leave it open and it takes up no more room than when it is closed. Also you can leave it open and do great steals from it.

Brad Burt swears by using a Doctors Bag and so do I.
I think they look very cool as well.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Fishing tackle box?

at blackpool in februarya stand had sme very attractive cigar boxes, with cards, dice, etc on the front.

on a small note, I saw peter marvey do a trick once. he kept a length of rope in a jumbo sized card box. the audiecne thought it was goin to be a card trick and when he pulled out the rope he got a laugh. something different perhaps?
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
I have an old-ish ammo box, probably for 50-caliber rounds. Its a little long and skinny, but since it looks like an oddly shaped crate it seems to work out just fine.

Most of my effects have their own storage, usually leather pouches bought from the outlet mall. Some have interesting boxes, bags, or small baskets.

I really covet a decent doctor's bag, but I'm holding out for a real one. I just don't want to pay for one right now.
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
Darko
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Darko
A aluminum briefcase is wonderfull, but you like something that looks old, a wooden hand-carved box is a great deal.
Mediaman15775
View Profile
New user
UK
10 Posts

Profile of Mediaman15775
I got a nice one from

CUSTOM MADE FLIGHT CASES

by Paul Daniels

http://www.pauldanielsmagicshop.co.uk/p1......p;page=1
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
What about something tube shaped like the things that go to bank from the drive through window? I carry my knives in a knife roll case, they hold a lot of things securely and come in several sizes. You could possibly fix a close up mat to the back of it and perform directly on it when it's empty on the table. Maybe if you're bored and need a craft project.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Quote:
On 2004-06-30 08:49, Mark Martinez wrote:
I love the coffin case, that's great!

Not sure if this is a good idea, but people will either ask about it or call the cops!!! Try some kind of Aluminum case (see below) and a Radiation Decal:
http://www.speedysigns.com/decals/graphi......[/quote]

One problem with the decal. If you are flying anywhere and plan to take the case, the airlines have NO, NONE whatsoever, ZIPPO, sense of humour. They will not allow it on a flight even in checked baggage.

Then when they (the airlines) get over being upset, they've already called the new "Homeland Security" people, and these make the airlines seem like comediens.

Don't do it, nasty things happen.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I live in France. I just made a nice close-up case from a flat wooden case for six bottles of wine. After carefully removing the top, which is nailed on, I added hinges. I may apply an antique stain.

I place my close-up mat on top and I have a very attractive performing area.

The wine was great, by the way.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Quote:
One problem with the decal. If you are flying anywhere and plan to take the case, the airlines have NO, NONE whatsoever, ZIPPO, sense of humour. They will not allow it on a flight even in checked baggage.

Put another, easy to remove sticker or decal or paint over it while traveling.
I Cast No Shadow
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of I Cast No Shadow
Quote:
Put another, easy to remove sticker or decal or paint over it while traveling.

And to remove the paint at your destination, you do what exactly?
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious" - Murphy's Corollary
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
You could have a money bag with the dollar sign on it. But I like the Dr's bag idea
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
For a *lady*, a bra would be a good place..especially when............ Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Check out Entertainment stores for video game travel cases. Also container stores (imagine that!) have a wide range of unusual boxes,etc.
DrBob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DrBob
Believe it or not, I found a great stacking plastic tool box made by Stanley. The top section is easily removed and portable for the close up case. The lower section can be left behind, or for shows, taken and filled with larger items.
Best part is the whole thing is on wheels like a bag you can take on an airline flight, and when it's all put together, it holds a lot of stuff with many compartments of various sizes. I even build a table top that sticks into the pop-up hand so I can use it as a table, etc. The whole thing is black so it fits right in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Unusual close up case (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL