The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COLOR MATCH by Tony Anverdi -An amazing utility device with literally HUNDREDS of uses!- Keith Barry (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2022, rosariorose9 wrote:

Understand your frustration, but for heaven's sake please don't retire. Your Timekeeper and Vertex are two of my favorite effects.

Thanks for saying that, but I'm already in the process of pulling the plug. By the way, regarding Colour Match routines, there has been a NON-ELECTRONIC version available for some time now;the spectator uses 4 ungimmicked crayons to colour in a drawing on the back of a business card any way they want and it matches the coloured drawing you take out of an envelope perfectly. Electronics are so passe Smile

https://youtu.be/eibsvoMyU_A

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
You could use a whiteboard sized to your need and use whiteboard markers. That would subtly explain the difference in markers?
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
How does this set compare to the one by ProMystic?

I want to like this and think I could put it to good use, but I’m a bit wary of electronic magic. Several years ago at Tannens I bought ICube by Hugo Shelley. It never worked reliably with the app and now the app is no longer available from the App Store so the cube is essentially worthless. At least it doesn’t appear this version of Color Match needs any type of app …
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2022, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Quote:

Understand your frustration, but for heaven's sake please don't retire. Your Timekeeper and Vertex are two of my favorite effects.

Thanks for saying that, but I'm already in the process of pulling the plug. By the way, regarding Colour Match routines, there has been a NON-ELECTRONIC version available for some time now;the spectator uses 4 ungimmicked crayons to colour in a drawing on the back of a business card any way they want and it matches the coloured drawing you take out of an envelope perfectly. Electronics are so passe Smile

Christopher

Hi Sir, is this published? Thanks.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
Quote:

Christopher

Looks like a clever little s***ch at the end. While I like the electronic free version, I personally enjoy the versatility of having certain elections. ( a nice little golden nugget btw ) As with Color Match I can see this maybe not replacing my Picasso routine, but rather offering an additional layer to the routine itself. The white board adaption offered earlier is actually a pretty good idea.
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
You should know that this markers just deliver 5 sig**ls, not 6 as the dice, due to the black pen is ungimmicked.
Yes, the “pods” can be removed from the pens and transferred (hidden) to other objects, but you can NOT remove the el*c****ics from inside the pods at any time, just the batteries (CR1225)
Step into the unknown
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2022, paw wrote:
Hello Ustaad -
Thank you for your question.

Yes, it can be. This is what they are made to do. however, if you want to have an extra set for handing out, you can do this as well.
The refill pens will be very inexpensive.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Great! Smile Thank you so much for a positive response. I will get the replacement pens when they are made available.

Thank you (once again! Smile)

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Electronics are so passé Smile

@ Christopher: On the onset, please let me clarify that I have no intention of being curt or rude. However in case I do sound so, I sincerely beg your pardon sir. For years most of your releases have been based on electronic technology. So now your saying that electronics in magic is so outdated, comes as a surprise to me. Nevertheless that's your opinion and I full respect your opinion.

IMO, electronics in magic will never die. The only problem/issue I see is that few of our magic/mentalism performers are unable to understand & use the technology to their best advantage. Thus they either shy away or it creates a strong dislike for such technology.

Also the props in play (i.e. props which are visible to the spectator during performance) must be so designed and created that, if need be, the prop can be examined by the spectator at least after the effect is over. And that IMO is thee one-n-only factor which will make technology indistinguishable from magic. Over the years I have seen many such electronic props released which can be freely handled (before, during & after) by the spectator(s). Effects using such props are bound to succeed in the real world scenario, provided the performer has worked out his/her presentation and performance well.

Just my thoughts.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2022, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

Electronics are so passé Smile

@ Christopher: On the onset, please let me clarify that I have no intention of being curt or rude. However in case I do sound so, I sincerely beg your pardon sir. For years most of your releases have been based on electronic technology. So now your saying that electronics in magic is so outdated, comes as a surprise to me. Nevertheless that's your opinion and I full respect your opinion.

IMO, electronics in magic will never die. The only problem/issue I see is that few of our magic/mentalism performers are unable to understand & use the technology to their best advantage. Thus they either shy away or it creates a strong dislike for such technology.

Also the props in play (i.e. props which are visible to the spectator during performance) must be so designed and created that, if need be, the prop can be examined by the spectator at least after the effect is over. And that IMO is thee one-n-only factor which will make technology indistinguishable from magic. Over the years I have seen many such electronic props released which can be freely handled (before, during & after) by the spectator(s). Effects using such props are bound to succeed in the real world scenario, provided the performer has worked out his/her presentation and performance well.

Just my thoughts.

Smile

You missed the wink my friend ☺️
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2022, Doric wrote:

You missed the wink my friend ☺️

Hi Doric,

Sorry I didn't miss the 'wink'. And thus I left the wink in its place. It was the 'outdated' part that made me to say a few words. However, in case that be so - I'm SORRY.

Let's move on please. Smile Smile Smile

Best regards,

Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2022, Ustaad wrote:

Also the props in play (i.e. props which are visible to the spectator during performance) must be so designed and created that, if need be, the prop can be examined by the spectator at least after the effect is over. And that IMO is thee one-n-only factor which will make technology indistinguishable from magic. Over the years I have seen many such electronic props released which can be freely handled (before, during & after) by the spectator(s).

I just can't seem to come to terms with this. I have been a full-time performer for over 45 years, and have NEVER, ever had or could even imagine a scenario where anyone, especially an audience member, would ever examine any of my equipment, props, materials, etc.

If this is an issue, this is a performer's issue. An audience control issue, a control issue. This should never need to be a concern.

I also think this is taking Christopher's sentiments out of context as to what he was trying to express.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I think Del Rey proved without having saying anything that electronics can does/did play well in the real and sofiscated world. However; Del was not limited to the table.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
My Anverdi Color Match was delivered today. I'm about halfway through the instructional video (which is 2 hours 30 minutes). I've also experimented with using the pens (picking them up, moving them, etc.). I'm pleased with certain features that Murphy's has added to prevent false signals. Frankly, it's all pretty darn clever.

Everything is very nicely made! I'm a happy camper (so far, anyway). There is one "feature" that concerns me, but it's not a game stopper. Still, not something I want to write about in the open forum. I've already reached out to a contact at Murphy's to share my thoughts.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2022, shakuni wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Christopher

Hi Sir, is this published? Thanks.

Certainly: https://taylorimagineering.com/shop/pathfinder-clear/

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
@Magic Mark
Would you recommend this as I’m on the fence with this at the moment
I would combine this with my mental dice and mental play as I have a scenario in my head

Just wanted to make sure it is reliable and worth the the layout

Thanks in advance
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, montanna40 wrote:
@Magic Mark
Would you recommend this as I’m on the fence with this at the moment
I would combine this with my mental dice and mental play as I have a scenario in my head

Just wanted to make sure it is reliable and worth the the layout

Thanks in advance

I shared more details in a topic I started in Secret Sessions. Everyone with at least 50 posts in the Café has access to this area (but surprisingly few people seem to actually use it). The topic is here:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2022, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2022, John C wrote:
Quote:
You get 5 "loaded" pens, right? And they look like to be of a brand named "Kids Colors", a brand I have not seen elsewhere.
So my question is: Do you get additional "empty" pens when you order this.
If you do a simultaneously color divination, like in the trailer, it might look suspicious if you have different brand of pens.
OK, I know, you could buy yourself 5 pair of pens, and move the gimmicks, but it would be nice to get a complete ready made "starting kit" of (5 loaded + 5 normal) pens. Or...? Smile

If you haven't seen kid's colors maybe you've never walked around and office supply store or a teachers store.

I HAVE walked around several office supply stores, both physical and on the Internet. Show me (Google) a store that stock this partical brand that is: NAMED KIDS COLORS. And worldwide, please! USA is not the only place in this universe, you know!

And by the way, I asked ANOTHER question and not how and were to find this special brand.

And I did not either expect to get a rude answer. But this is Magic Café these days!

Pathetic!

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Smile

Kids Colors Tap And Learn
by goathairware
Rated:Guidance Suggested
4.0 out of 5 stars2 customer ratings
Price: Free Download
Sold by:Amazon.com Services LLC
Available instantly
Languages Supported: English
This app needs permission to access:

Access information about networks
Open network sockets

https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Colors-Tap-A......174UJ4XC
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, John C wrote:

by goathairware
Available instantly

Open network sockets

These aren't markers....
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, John C wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2022, John C wrote:
Quote:
You get 5 "loaded" pens, right? And they...
...but it would be nice to get a complete ready made "starting kit" of (5 loaded + 5 normal) pens. Or...? Smile

If you haven't seen kid's colors maybe you've never walked around and office supply store or a teachers store.

I HAVE walked around several office supply stores...
...a store that stock this partical brand that is: NAMED KIDS COLORS.... And worldwide, please!...
....not how and were to find this special brand.

by goathairware
Available instantly

Open network sockets

What on earth are you babbling about???
We were talking about a brand name for PENS! PENS! MARKERS! WRITING TOOLS!

But I don't care, I have ordered Color Match and the instructions have a very good solutions for this.
Kids Colors or not!
Smile Smile Smile
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
If you think your audience is aware of every brand of marker pens for kids out there, then I think you might be overestimating your audience Smile How is this an issue?!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COLOR MATCH by Tony Anverdi -An amazing utility device with literally HUNDREDS of uses!- Keith Barry (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL