The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Travelers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

me4
View Profile
New user
New york / Utah
11 Posts

Profile of me4
I am looking for a good clean travelers routine any recommendations?
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1092 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/se......ravelers

As you'll see, there are a ton. What do you mean by clean?
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
506 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Allan Ackerman has a very good one in his Penguin Live Lecture that involves minimal palming and is very clean. I'd definitely recommend it.
me4
View Profile
New user
New york / Utah
11 Posts

Profile of me4
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2022, Tortuga wrote:
Https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/se......ravelers

As you'll see, there are a ton. What do you mean by clean?

Many travelers routines I have seen either have a messy start or a messy finish (which one often depends on when the load happens)
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
Michael Close has a version titled "Stupid Travelers" in Volume 5 of his Workers series. I guess one could describe it as pretty clean in the sense that all the moves are 'logically' executed in the routine and there is on heat on the palming hand. Although arguably, it's not a routine that most people would perform...

I would still highly recommend reading through it, if only for the laughs. The Workers series was one of the funniest magic reads I had, not to take away from the usability and practicality of most of the routines there!
Stilts
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake
90 Posts

Profile of Stilts
Fenik has a very nice version of The Traverlers. You can find a download called "Second Skin", or a written version in his book "The Code". Only 4 cards used and some nice visual touches.
Derrick
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1013 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2022, Stilts wrote:
Fenik has a very nice version of The Traverlers. You can find a download called "Second Skin", or a written version in his book "The Code". Only 4 cards used and some nice visual touches.

Pretty close. I think that this is more of an Open Travelers/Invisible Palm routine.

But, later in the book, you will find "Round Trip". Still, it's a Pocket Interchange thing.

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1013 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I forgot to add that there is a way to do The Travelers without any palming (or maybe just one, easy palm). This approach has its compromises -- the spectators have the choice of cards (not really forced), but they can't be signed.

Mike
BigTexas
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
18 Posts

Profile of BigTexas
I really enjoy the one on David Stone's Real Secrets of Magic tape. It includes a kicker that I think elevates the effect.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1013 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2022, BigTexas wrote:
I really enjoy the one on David Stone's Real Secrets of Magic tape. It includes a kicker that I think elevates the effect.

Again, this is an Open Travelers/Invisible Palm type routine, not Vernon's Travelers.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Travelers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL