The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Electric Bike (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I purchased an e-bike !!! It was cheap at Costco for $330 (Jetson) . It goes with my Jackery solar generator 1500. I can ride 15 miles a day at 15 miles per hour tops but I don't want to really go much faster. At 68 this is one of the" funnest" things I've ever done and I've done a lot. Bottom line.... I can go just about anywhere(and back) within 7 miles for FREE!!!!!!!! No gas needed. Anyone else have one? Smile It's a Green Machine!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just got a new seat!!!! The old one is for a kid like bottom end...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ebikes could save the world!!!! Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I love em. I've owned a few of them now. Truly the best purchases I've ever made.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2022, gaddy wrote:
I love em. I've owned a few of them now. Truly the best purchases I've ever made.

I'm looking for a second one now .... With a 750 motor. I think that's the max you can get without a permit or something . Fat tires too .. About $1000 for a demo .. What do you think? https://www.krackenadventurebikes.com/co......94224209
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2818 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Hmmm, $1,495... I might have to think about that.

My bike is gone. (I was getting too old to ride it very much any way) I was riding home from work when I got clipped by a passing car. Took out the rear wheel and sent me to the pavement. Once he realized I wasn't seriously hurt... he left! As I didn't have time to get his license or insurance information, he got away with leaving the scene of an accident!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
423 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I really want to get one but my wife and both daughters want them as well so I need to multiple prices by four! We live on a steep hill so I imagine I would need one of the higher powered motors. I've never tested one before so not sure how they handle hills.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2022, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2022, gaddy wrote:

I'm looking for a second one now .... With a 750 motor. I think that's the max you can get without a permit or something . Fat tires too .. About $1000 for a demo .. What do you think? https://www.krackenadventurebikes.com/co......94224209

For the price this looks like an OK ebike. Personally, I think a 48v/10Ah battery is slightly below what I'd want out of a bike like this but it's still perfectly serviceable.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well I'll be the get-off-my-lawn guy.

Kids and delivery people riding them on the sidewalk, riding against the traffic, easy to get clipped by a car turning or a car door, etc, etc. It's an unregulated wild west. Nope, I would never give one to my child.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, landmark wrote:

Kids and delivery people riding them on the sidewalk, riding against the traffic, easy to get clipped by a car turning or a car door, etc, etc. It's an unregulated wild west. Nope, I would never give one to my child.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I think you might be old enough to remember when that was all regular stuff ... You live in the wild west already ... We have bike trails here in Florida. I can ride miles without crossing a street. BTW.. I was just in Portland ... It's no longer the city I once knew......
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
We have bike lanes in NYC too. But that's not where the electric bikes are.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2943 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Bike Lanes are not the same as Bike Trails. The trails are roads for bikes or walking only.

We have a 42.8-mile Rails to Trails here. An old railroad track (tracks removed) was used to make it.

I’ve never been on it with a bicycle but the electric bike sounds like a good idea for me.

I will have to look into it.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

“We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves” --Galileo Galilei 
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7128 Posts

Profile of Dougini
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I think this guy has the right idea, although his implementation is all wrong...

Electric Penny Farthing bicycle:

https://youtu.be/SLIYjNxrjCQ
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
They seem fun.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3335 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Bicycles blamed for moral turpitude and more...

Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, landmark wrote:

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I no longer know what's happening.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4110 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have a motorized bike that looks like a wwii relic. it runs like a charm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Electric Bike (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL