The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins and split coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alondon
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of alondon
Does anyone know a good source for tricks with these two gaff coins?
Thanks
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1459 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
There is lots of work on these.
Kim Andersen has Silver Edge 1&2.
Craig Petty has Split Happens.
Pretty much any 2- or 3- split will come with a DVD of material. The 2- ones tend to be older (Clone Coin, Ghost Coin, Super Coin), but I believe most of the 3- sets (Wong's STC, Wilson's Split Focus, Rocco's Symphony Coins) come with multiple routines. I don't have all of them, so I can't say with certainty.
Checking the lengths of the DVDs should give you a sense of how much content there.

That should give you a good place to start.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Don't know about magnetic coins, but "tonsofquestions" covered the various split coin instructionals well. The only standalone DVD I own on the topic is Craig Petty's Split Happens. I also have Clone Coin and Gregory Wilson's Split Focus, which come with their own tutorials / effects. Only other resources I've had experience with (to add to the above) is the N2 coin and it's accompanying download... I believe Tango Magic has a DVD that covers the split coin as well. Gregory Wilson also did some split coin work on his first Penguin Magic Lecture (Penguin Live) as well, but only about 5 min worth.

All the best,
Steve
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1459 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I'd be very surprised if the Tangopedia has anything on it, since they don't produce split coins. The TUC us related, and somewhere in the middle, but also different.

Since I was unclear, Silver Edge is magnetic coins. I'm sure there is other work, too, but that's probably the most recent and comprehensive that comes to mind.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2022, tonsofquestions wrote:
I'd be very surprised if the Tangopedia has anything on it, since they don't produce split coins. The TUC us related, and somewhere in the middle, but also different.

Since I was unclear, Silver Edge is magnetic coins. I'm sure there is other work, too, but that's probably the most recent and comprehensive that comes to mind.

You're right about Tangopedia. I remember getting the video when I got a TUC some years back. I ended up getting rid of the TUC, but from what I remember some of the effects could easily be done with a split coin...

/Steve
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
707 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
For organization related to the original question:

Magnetic coins,
see link below for discussion on resources (ie.. books, DVDs, etc...) :
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0

Split coins:
As for the exact question on a good source for tricks using "split coins" (I interpret this as with 2 subcomponents and not 3), I have Craig Petty's split Happens DVD as well, and it is very good on how to use a "split coin" for traditional and non traditional routines. If you have specific questions about the DVD, you can PM me offline.

As for STC like gaffs (in case the question includes this type of gaff):
With the exception of Gregory Wilson's Split focus which has several routines that use 2 subcomponents (ie... a split coin) as well as 3 subcomponents (Split Focus), the other products only cover routines using 3 subcomponents (ie.. STC, Symphony Coin, Coin Coalition, and Shanghai coins). I currently own all these variations of "magnetic" coin gaffs mentioned and the sources so if you have any questions, you can PM me offline.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins and split coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL