The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The Falling Knot - by George Blake (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1183 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
"A Treatise on the Endless Chain" by George Blake ...

has anyone been able to understand the "Falling Knot" explanation?
Looks good, but reading and trying to follow the diagrams ... I am getting nowhere.

Can anyone help me out here, please? ...
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1183 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Goodness ... no one?
NicholasD25
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I don’t have Loopy Loop, but are you referring to the effect where a knot is formed in the chain as it dangles from one hand, then works it’s way down the chain and seemingly drops into the other hand waiting below?
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3596 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2022, NicholasD25 wrote:
I don’t have Loopy Loop, but are you referring to the effect where a knot is formed in the chain as it dangles from one hand, then works it’s way down the chain and seemingly drops into the other hand waiting below?

The chain is tied in an simple overhand knot. When you pull one side of the chain up, the knot will slide toward the bottom of the loop of chain, and when it reaches the bottom it will dissolve into nothingness. Hidden in your free hand is a knot made from a seamless loop of chain--no ends. You reach up to "pinch" the end of the chain just as the knot disappears, and either show the fake knot in the hand or let it drop to the table.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I’m guessing that the OP is referring to the fact that forming the knot and walking it down the chain with one hand is not explained very well in the Loopy Loop instructions. Loopy Loop appears in Lewis Ganson’s The Art of Close up Magic, but the “knot” explanation is not very good. Basically, the chain is draped down the back of the hand , held between the thumb crotch and the pinky. From there, reach down to the length of chain closest to you , clipping it between the first and second finger tips of the same hand. Let the chain fall off the hand , but keep it clipped between the first two fingers. A knot will form. From there , it’s an easy matter to manipulate the chain so the knot will fall to the bottom , before dissolving.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The Falling Knot - by George Blake (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL