We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effect versus Effort (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9128 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I’m enjoying this string a lot myself. Some interesting points of view offered. For me, I’m good with just having a nice pocket knife, but others may find a whole cutlery set a bit more to their liking as to things, or something like that. 😁

To that end, and I think to the point of this string, I can remember when I was a lot younger, attending college down near the village in NYC, and I would see the” to become great,” Chris Capehart performing for a half hour or so out on the streets in front of the subway station with nothing but the Vanishing Hanky (TT). Man, he was amazing and cleverly creative with that thing. People were just glued to every move he made, with something so simple that he used so skillfully. The oohs, ash’s, and applause would fill the streets.

Of course, he became a NY magic legend and an all around great magician that went on to win Penn & Teller Fool Us, but I saw him way back when he wasn’t all that (yet), with something easy to do that delivered great impact & lasting amazement. Those were the days. 😊
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3584 Posts

Profile of warren
I think this comes down to a couple of things. number one is skill level as what's difficult for some is easy for others and visa versa.
Number two presentational skills rather than physical skills as some magicians are really entertaining no matter what they do whilst others are very dull.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
New user
Henderson, NV
79 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
If I'm focusing all my energy on doing a "knuckle-busting" routine my presentation will suffer. Not to say high effort tricks aren't worth it, but you have to have it down pat clean to focus on presentation.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6223 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2022, RobertApodaca wrote:
If I'm focusing all my energy on doing a "knuckle-busting" routine my presentation will suffer. Not to say high effort tricks aren't worth it, but you have to have it down pat clean to focus on presentation.

Very true....practice is a must!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effect versus Effort (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL