The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vortex - McBride's dancing cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Copperfield's cane was not done in darkness.. and actually, to his credit.. the lighting didn't change at all when he did the cane from his previous or next effect.. as it should be.

The darkness in magic should come from the TONE of the show... not from the lighting. Dark lighting proves only one thing.. you're trying to hide something from the audience. You can get the dark tone in all sorts of ways that don't involve performing in the dark.

When I made my Ulitmate Dancing Cane a few years ago, I SPECIFICALLY didn't make a black cane with white tips.. it was a polihed bright maple cane with a bronze knob and ferrule. That way, if magicians performed the cane as they do normally, on a black stage with black clothes; at least the cane would have shown up, even if the performer did not. I had ONE request to make one in black and silver, and they sent it back to trade for a normal one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vortex - McBride's dancing cane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL