The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Apparitions In Mirror During Séance & Readings (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
You could always use a one way mirror with a tv on the backside and a remote triggered prop controller to activate the video sequence. Same technique used for at most FX… BUT.. instead of using the cheesy, whimsical videos they have, you could make your own by maybe recording a figure in front of a green screen and removing the background so when it’s triggered, only the person is seen. You’d def have to do some trial and error. I’d imagine the person would need to be a whitish/blue figure to pop through the mirror and stand out but I’d like it to be subtle so I’m thinking 2 layers of mirrors so something barely comes through. A non descript figure. Maybe solid white silhouette with a flowy dress and barely fades in and then leaves. Maybe a single one way mirror and a layer of 1 way film over the tv would work. I may have to experiment this myself (I’m a haunt set designer and prop maker for the haunted industry).

Anything too discernible will look exactly like what it is.. a haunt prop. But if you get it very very faint, it may play well.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
But unfortunately, the actor would not look like the deceased photo whose spirit I want to conjure through mirror to communicate with us?

Quote:
On Jun 26, 2022, 13 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Thank you so much for this tips. Highly appreciated. Nice concept. Just like a hologram but what should be used to create the fake spirit and question and answer audio? Do you have any video or YouTube link to this? I was thinking of using a stooge behind the mirror for this performance. What do you think?

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, 13 wrote:
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY ... small, cheap android tablet placed into a wooden frame, edited video of room you will be in from the mirrors point of view, fading into the spirit, same room, same point of view, fading back to room. Shoot the video through a cloudy/distressed/distorted pane of glass. Trigger the video play with bluetooth.

I don't have a link or video. As for the spirit, I would use an actor. When shooting the video the actor can speak answers to your questions with pauses between, giving you time to ask the next question. Hope this makes sense Smile
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
This is a very complex technique which will be very difficult for me to make as I am not technically inclined. A tutorial video will be highly appreciated

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2022, topherhester wrote:
You could always use a one way mirror with a tv on the backside and a remote triggered prop controller to activate the video sequence. Same technique used for at most FX… BUT.. instead of using the cheesy, whimsical videos they have, you could make your own by maybe recording a figure in front of a green screen and removing the background so when it’s triggered, only the person is seen. You’d def have to do some trial and error. I’d imagine the person would need to be a whitish/blue figure to pop through the mirror and stand out but I’d like it to be subtle so I’m thinking 2 layers of mirrors so something barely comes through. A non descript figure. Maybe solid white silhouette with a flowy dress and barely fades in and then leaves. Maybe a single one way mirror and a layer of 1 way film over the tv would work. I may have to experiment this myself (I’m a haunt set designer and prop maker for the haunted industry).

Anything too discernible will look exactly like what it is.. a haunt prop. But if you get it very very faint, it may play well.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2022, 13 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2022, 13 wrote:
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY ... small, cheap android tablet placed into a wooden frame, edited video of room you will be in from the mirrors point of view, fading into the spirit, same room, same point of view, fading back to room. Shoot the video through a cloudy/distressed/distorted pane of glass. Trigger the video play with bluetooth.

Thank you so much for this tips. Highly appreciated. Nice concept. Just like a hologram but what should be used to create the fake spirit and question and answer audio? Do you have any video or YouTube link to this? I was thinking of using a stooge behind the mirror for this performance. What do you think?

I don't have a link or video. As for the spirit, I would use an actor. When shooting the video the actor can speak answers to your questions with pauses between, giving you time to ask the next question. Hope this makes sense Smile

But unfortunately, the actor would not look like the deceased photo whose spirit I want to conjure through mirror to communicate with us?

Why the fixation on using a photo of a spectators deceased relative?
Bob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
To save being sued, consider using the photo of someone and create a fictitious character for it... IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
You can even have AI create a photo of someone who doesn't actually exist:

https://this-person-does-not-exist.com/en
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:

Cool - nice share! Of course, it may be creating AI people who will invade from the mutliverse!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Thanks for suggesting AI for this routine but how do I animate the still AI photo and make it speak through mirror? Because Mirrors are flat and long horizontally which makes it impossible to fit into TV vertical frames

Quote:

Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Please which episode has Mirror séance?

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2022, Slim King wrote:
The Mentalist TV show had something similar.....
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Thanks for suggesting AI for this routine but how do I animate the still AI photo and make it speak through mirror? Because Mirrors are flat and long horizontally which makes it impossible to fit into TV vertical frames

Quote:

Rotate the video monitor 90 degrees so that it's in "portrait" mode?.

As for animation, you can use After Effects to morph the photo so it appears to be talking. Depending on your skill, it will be somewhat "off," but that might add to the eeriness of the effect. You can also disguise some of the uncanny valley by using appropriate filters.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Thank you for your brilliant idea. I know how to morph photos. I will use tablet for this but how do I convert tablet or video monitor to look exactly like a mirror?

Quote:
On Sep 6, 2022, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

As for animation, you can use After Effects to morph the photo so it appears to be talking. Depending on your skill, it will be somewhat "off," but that might add to the eeriness of the effect. You can also disguise some of the uncanny valley by using appropriate filters.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
[quote]On Sep 11, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
Thank you for your brilliant idea. I know how to morph photos. I will use tablet for this but how do I convert tablet or video monitor to look exactly like a mirror?

Put a frame around it, oval if possible, and say it is a scrying mirror, since that is how you are using it. The face of a scrying mirror is normally dark. You can even show pictures of scrying mirrors or make a fake ad showing the mirror you have. If you do an oval or round mirror, you can even put a bubble glass over the tablet. Tha possibilities are endless.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Of course, the easiest way to get the sitter to see apparitions is have a tea party prior and slip a little LSD into the pot. They will see apparitions all over the place.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
1. How do you control a group of persons to see the same ghost and hear the same ghost voice in group séance with LSD?

2. Is LSD not an illegal drug punishable by the law if found in one’s possession?

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Of course, the easiest way to get the sitter to see apparitions is have a tea party prior and slip a little LSD into the pot. They will see apparitions all over the place.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Extremely brilliant idea. Thank you so much for this. Highly appreciated and forever grateful !!!

[quote]On Sep 12, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:

Put a frame around it, oval if possible, and say it is a scrying mirror, since that is how you are using it. The face of a scrying mirror is normally dark. You can even show pictures of scrying mirrors or make a fake ad showing the mirror you have. If you do an oval or round mirror, you can even put a bubble glass over the tablet. Tha possibilities are endless.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
1. How do you control a group of persons to see the same ghost and hear the same ghost voice in group séance with LSD?

2. Is LSD not an illegal drug punishable by the law if found in one’s possession?

Quote:

Obviously, you may have missed the point I was trying to make or I missed yours. Miscommunication is normal between spiritual worlds. Why not just scrap all the electronics and manipulation and let the spirits do the work? Of course, we all know being dead is like being on vacation and none of us want to be disturbed on vacation. A recording is about all we get when we call them.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
I learn everyday and I respect people’s opinion. From your own perceptive, do you think real séance can be conducted without gimmicks / tricks through psychedelic and hypnosis suggestions? If yes, I will be more than grateful if you can share some of your personal experiences here.

Because as for me, it’s only somnambulists I have successfully made to see and hear their deceased talk to them through hypnosis suggestions and cold reading. And the experience was Philomena but it took so much time. And that’s why I’m seeking gimmicks to replicate the same effect on non somnambulists with no time wasted.

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Obviously, you may have missed the point I was trying to make or I missed yours. Miscommunication is normal between spiritual worlds. Why not just scrap all the electronics and manipulation and let the spirits do the work? Of course, we all know being dead is like being on vacation and none of us want to be disturbed on vacation. A recording is about all we get when we call them.
Dark3rz
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dark3rz
Please do you have ideas on how to remotely turn on and off tablets or video monitors without physical contact?

Because the tablets / video monitors I know don’t have remote controls.

It will be suspicious to the sitters if I touch the gimmick mirror before the ghost appears.

Quote:
On Sep 6, 2022, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:
I learn everyday and I respect people’s opinion. From your own perceptive, do you think real séance can be conducted without gimmicks / tricks through psychedelic and hypnosis suggestions? If yes, I will be more than grateful if you can share some of your personal experiences here.

Because as for me, it’s only somnambulists I have successfully made to see and hear their deceased talk to them through hypnosis suggestions and cold reading. And the experience was Philomena but it took so much time. And that’s why I’m seeking gimmicks to replicate the same effect on non somnambulists with no time wasted.

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes. Years ago, I did it with nothing more than a candle and a dark setting. Scared me and 4 sitters S-less. Never done it sense.
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2022, Dark3rz wrote:

You might want to check out "The Roxanne Effect" by Brynmore for this sort of thing.

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products......c9&_ss=r
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Apparitions In Mirror During Séance & Readings (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL