The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Presenting the second phase of Chicago Opener (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
308 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Good recap of the thread, Nikodemus.

I too plan to eventually use SF as, though I have no issue with DLs, sliding out the odd-backed card from a spread cannot be beaten for strength of conviction.

I gave some thoughts about making the 2nd selection disappear using SF and there’s the easy solution where you treat the (corner short) duplicate face with SF. I can’t go into details here, of course.

However, you’re right, if you let the spec shuffles the deck, there’s no real reason to make disappear the duplicate as there’s no heat on the deck. But, should you need to, you’re always in control as simply riffling the face-down deck will control the dup either to the top or bottom.

As I usually perform seated at a table now, I like so spread the deck face up seeking the 2nd selection, so I do have a need to make it disappear as it’s part of my presentation. Using a SF treated dup would make the effect very convincing and sleight free.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
New user
Henderson, NV
80 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Pretty sure, I originally read this on here, but, simply have the spectator stand on it. You can drop the card on the floor very nonchalantly without fear of it turning over.

I've been playing around with the idea of putting it under a rubber ducky though.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Bob G
So many interesting ideas here! Thanks, Nick, François, and Robert. I especially like the idea of letting the spectator shuffle the deck before phase 2. I like the other ideas, too, but this one gives a lot of mileage for very little gas (or petrol, for you English people).

I've altered my script to include some of the ideas people have suggested here. I'm still planning to make a video of myself performing.

Bob
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Bob G
François, I've PM'd you. Bob
Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
787 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2022, RobertApodaca wrote:
Pretty sure, I originally read this on here, but, simply have the spectator stand on it. You can drop the card on the floor very nonchalantly without fear of it turning over.

I've been playing around with the idea of putting it under a rubber ducky though.

Pop Haydn -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEhLqZGnds
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Presenting the second phase of Chicago Opener (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL