The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Are there any little guys you know in magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

little_guy
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of little_guy
Hey people I'm a nine year old magician and I'm pretty good at magic and I was just wondering if there was anyone in magic you know or if you are 11 years old or younger? thanks and peace out. Smile
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I don't know about the Café, but there are lots of magicians at your age. If you don't already know about it, the Society of American Magicians has a youth program called the Society of Young Magicians. There may be a chapter in your area. Check it out!
little_guy
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of little_guy
Yes my dad said that for my birthday he would enroll me or something in a junior magician thing.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
It's a lot of fun. You'll have a great time Smile
Woofledust
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Woofledust
If you would give the Forum an idea of what state or country you live in there just might be someone who can give you more specific advice as to what's happening in your area for junior members, etc.

Also, perhaps you could pursuade the management here to consider a Forum topic designed specifically for pre-teen or early teen members (although they are always welcome in this topic, I am sure).

Articles about young magicians pop uo every once in awhile in the magic society journals, so be sure to pursue that opportunity.
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
Woofledust I think that is an excellent idea. A forum topic for the younger magicians. I am sure there are a lot of them who would join in the discussions.

Bill
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Woofledust, I love that idea.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
We have a 9 or 10 year old named Angel in our ring and he does some beautiful Magic. I think most Magician's start doing Magic between the ages of 8-12.
Woofledust has a great idea. Maybe the Magic Café' would consider having a special section for the younger Magician's so communicating with each other would be more simple, rather than surf the entire Café trying to find each other, just a thought.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I like that idea a lot! Let's help out the little guys!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
little_guy
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of little_guy
Yeah, thanks guys I will.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
I think that would be great although I have no problem seeking advice from the older members here.
Blake S.
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
I have a good magician friend who's in his twenties and he's still a little guy (physically). He's bald too.

He gets a lot of work in commercials and movies because they love him for his one-of-a-kind unique look.

Girls love him because they think he looks cute and cuddly.

Kids love him when he's doing magic because he looks like a kid to them and they identify with him.

What more can I say? You'll go far being a little guy!

Magical Regards,
Alex Tsui

P/s: Pakar Ilusi, if you're reading this, take this as a compliment. Smile (To others on the forum, Pakar and I are fellow Malaysian magicians and his body size is kind of our inside joke.)
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
laurenhill
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of laurenhill
I was here when I was 12 and I The Café has really helped me a lot. =)
waterfowl
View Profile
New user
USA
1 Post

Profile of waterfowl
I started doing magic off and on when I was 11.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Well. do the best you can with what you have I say! Smile

Look at Mini-Me from Austin Powers!

Off topic I know...

But three cheers for the "real" little guys!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I used to be a six-year old magician, but something happened.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Little Guy,
I started doing magic when I was about 8 years old.
I got older -- but I never grew up!
The idea of a special section for younger magicians here is a good one, as long as you folks don't get stuck away in a corner and forgotten; after all, the young magicians of today are the TV stars of tomorrow.
jrbobik
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
104 Posts

Profile of jrbobik
I agree create a young magicians topic. I started when I was 12 and was getting paid by the time I was 14.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Are there any little guys you know in magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL