The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxim APP by Lloyd Barnes // Brand New from Murphy's (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Launching worldwide from all good magic dealers, August 2nd at noon PST / 8pm BST.

"A lot of apps come and go with trends. Maxim lives on my homescreen. It's genius." - Christian Grace

This is a full uncut performance AND explanation overview of what the app does for full transparency.

Full trailer goes live tomorrow and can be viewed here

Info:
MAXIM is a covert app that instantly calculates and discreetly delivers to you the perfect hands-off reveal for any freely named card in a deck that's been mixed by the spectators.

Effect:
You hand the spectator a deck. (in any stack of your choice).

They "shuffle" the deck under the table or behind their back whilst freely naming any card. Let's say the name the "King of Diamonds".

They bring the deck out and immediately you know up to three different ways that they can reveal their own card. For example; They deal down to the exact date of the month and their card is exactly there!

All without any brain work, math, no nothing. Allowing you to be fully engaged in your performance.

Any random card at any arbitrary number is more impressive to magicians than laymen. But when the number has meaning, whether it's counting to their birthday, spelling the card's name or even counting to the exact date of the year, the boring old ACAAN takes on new life, feels more personal and more importantly more magical.

The beauty of maxim, unlike most other apps, is that your phone is used in a covert way, and to the spectator has nothing to do with the trick.
Easy to do. Perfect for beginners.
You do not need to know any stack. There is zero memory work. No mental math at all.

-Works in any language and can be fully customized.
-Works with any stack in the world. Including a visual stack editor.
-Every reveal can be fully customized.
-Multiple input options.
-Multiple peek options including notifications.
-Customizable spectator profiles to take MAXIM to miracle status.

MAXIM is an app that lives on your phone. With you everywhere you go. Ready to perform at a moment's notice anywhere, anytime.

Never before has it been so easy, to perform such unexplainable miracles.

With MAXIM, now you can.

Available for Apple and Android.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6422 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks for the transparency Lloyd! Though, I wouldn't let the spectator "shuffle", I would just say "please cut the cards as many times as you like" to ensure they don't mess up the s*&^k. I don't have faith that a spectator will follow instructions behind their back on how to "cut" the cards. Behind their back would be to easy for them to actually shuffle the cards rather than just cutting as instructed to do.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2022, RNK wrote:
I wouldn't let the spectator "shuffle", I would just say "please cut the cards as many times as you like" to ensure they don't mess up the s*&^k. I don't have faith that a spectator will follow instructions behind their back on how to "cut" the cards. Behind their back would be to easy for them to actually shuffle the cards rather than just cutting as instructed to do.

Not to mention you wouldn't know if you're doomed until it's too late. Even just one card accidentally displaced would ruin everything.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I like it, how much?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2022, RNK wrote:
Thanks for the transparency Lloyd! Though, I wouldn't let the spectator "shuffle", I would just say "please cut the cards as many times as you like" to ensure they don't mess up the s*&^k. I don't have faith that a spectator will follow instructions behind their back on how to "cut" the cards. Behind their back would be to easy for them to actually shuffle the cards rather than just cutting as instructed to do.

The clue is clearly stated here…..You hand the spectator a deck. (in any stack of your choice).
you obviously cannot get the spec to shuffle, that’s why the word shuffle is in inverted commas.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6422 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, thanks Pegasus. I would think that's obvious to all. Especially since shuffle has the quotes around the word. That is why I stated in my post about "cutting" the cards because that's all they can do. And even just cutting the cards, I also stated I wouldn't trust The spectator to do that behind their backs because I'm sure large percentage would not just cut the cards but mix them up and destroy the stack. Now, openly cutting the cards would obviously work because then you can make sure they are doing it correctly.

But the app itself is pretty slick, IMO.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1473 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
If you use a marked deck could you glimpse the top face down card ?
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of bosami
Very cool, I must say. But yeah, no way am I handing them the deck to do anything with it behind their back. An overwhelming majority of my spectators can't even shuffle or cut properly with the deck in front of them without dropping cards out of their hands, never mind behind them. I would think just having the spec cut the cards multiple times on the table would still be good enough. You could then manufacture some storyline or movement to have them reveal the bottom card to you, without you touching the deck.

My only concern would be if the out was extravagantly long (meaning, having to deal out a lot of cards) that just gets boring and also tends to make the effect less impacting, imho. But the shorter outs are excellent. Hopefully those are the ones that come up the majority of the time.

Well done, Lloyd.
...forever curious
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Looks great! What's the price?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 1, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
If you use a marked deck could you glimpse the top face down card ?

Yes.

Quote:
On Aug 1, 2022, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Looks great! What's the price?

We'll find out tomorrow at 12pm EST when it releases.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

*12pm PST
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
74 Posts

Profile of Bozman
Dangit Lloyd! I need to save up for Christmas!
Looks pretty sweet. Requires a phone peek but seems easy to justify, either with the 'timer' bit or that we look at our phones 20 times a minute anyway.
Bozzy
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1473 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Lloyd is usually quite reasonable on price, hope this is too, I was looking into buying Duality Pro but ridiculous pricing by Cobra Magic $250 for an app???
stanz
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of stanz
Wow. Love this. Finally - it makes ACAAN much more interesting and meaningful. Well done Lloyd!
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of the great comment. The price will be $24.95 at launch today Smile

With regards to the comments about whether to let the spectator shuffle the deck etc; I figured it would be better to share with youI this excerpt taken out from the instructional video, just for you all here at The Café.

In this video I share my thoughts on Shuffling vs not shuffling, teach how to shuffle into stack in front your participants (2min 55s) and finally how I can confidently allow my audience to "shuffle" the cards (8min 30s).

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1978 Posts

The problem for me is not spectators "shuffling" the cards, but asking them to do it behind their back or under the table. That's just asking for someone to drop cards or do something sneaky. The good news is, I don't think it's any less impressive if you can see them "shuffling" vs not.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2022, PatrickGregoire wrote:
The problem for me is not spectators "shuffling" the cards, but asking them to do it behind their back or under the table. That's just asking for someone to drop cards or do something sneaky. The good news is, I don't think it's any less impressive if you can see them "shuffling" vs not.

I hear ya. I mean, it's only a presentational angle. They can do it out in the open too Smile
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Feel like Lloyd continues to go above and beyond to be transparent, respect and thank you
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
453 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Will this go to a smart watch or peakssmith?
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2022, Shawn D wrote:
Will this go to a smart watch or peakssmith?

just by watching the videos seems like a lot input required and words given in the suggested response, looks like it would be very very difficult to do on watch & peeksmith / notifier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxim APP by Lloyd Barnes // Brand New from Murphy's (68 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL